Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Sidious/Palpatine 2-pack... more than just a rumor.

I was checking all the coverage of Comic Con. I was there, but couldn't make every event. Paramount was covering Indiana Jones and Star Trek at the same time as SideShow, so I went to Paramount's presentation.

Anyway, on Rebelscum, I found their coverage of SideShow and it said there were indications of a Palpatine 2-pack with Darth Sidious and The Emperor.

I don't know for sure how it could look, but the coolest possibility would be:

Supreme Chancellor in red from the Mace Windu duel in ROTS
    Emperor Palpatine from his "formation of the first Galactic Empire" speech in ROTS

We have Hasbro's ROTJ version, and the ROTS Yoda duel version. I'd love something different. The outfit from the fight with Mace is on my want-list for sure. However, they could repack the hologram from the Mechnochair as well I suppose.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Too bad they have a ROTS one. If they had an OT I'd be all over it...
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Quote Originally Posted by sergiurusu View Post
    Too bad they have a ROTS one. If they had an OT I'd be all over it...
    I don't actually know what they might have. There's no info on it that I know of as of yet. I was just hoping they'd include what I'd want - which was different from you.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I don't think they're correct, from what I saw at the Sideshow panel, the clues suggest to me a Sidious/Dooku 2pack.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That's my hope. I'd rather have ONE Sidious figure with interchangable portraits and robes along with a Dooku than wasting a 2 pack on two of the same character (albeit in different guises).

Dooku would also make a great companion piece with Assaj Ventress or in a duel display with ROTS Obi-Wan and Anakin....more flexability with what we already have. (That may be wishful thinking, but hey...)

Hopefully we'll know soon enough...

Thing is:

Dooku is a pretty decent seller. His Hasbro figure did really well. It was one of the best 12" they ever put out.

Palpatine is a pretty terrible seller, no matter if the sculpt is good or bad.

Thus SideShow would be well-aware they could sell Dooku at any point.

If they include him to help sell Palpatine, sure that would work. However, if you got 2 Palpatines in a pack, that might also sell Palpatine and SS could still sell Dooku anyway.

Sidious would be an AWESOME seller! So would Dooku.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Let me put it to you guys this way:
    Lords of the Sith page in the catalog is shown, they said this was a clue to the 2-pack (which we already knew was prequel-themed) and they showed 4 figures, 2 that were already released and 2 in silhouette - one was wearing a hooded cloak-shape and the other had a longer neck and a cape shape around the shoulders and was the shape of Dooku's head.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It could be a 2-pack of one of the last scenes in ROTS where Dooku meets up with Sidious. That would be sweet. I think this is the best was for us to get a pre-disfigurement Sidious/Palpy. A post-disfigurement one (ala battle with mace) could come with 2 interchangeable heads and the hooded cloak. This would really be fine on its own. However, I do agree that Dooku could easily be sold on own. I hope is Sidious and Dooku...
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

I would be interested in this set at least its new characters and not another Luke.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."