View Poll Results: At this point, what Hasbro toys do you plan to buy in 2002? (click all that apply)

Voters
595. You may not vote on this poll
  • the basic figures for wide-release

481 80.84%
  • the collection including more of the secondary characters

460 77.31%
  • the deluxe figures

370 62.18%
  • the ships and vehicles

367 61.68%
  • the beasts and creatures

343 57.65%
  • role-play items like lightsabers

112 18.82%
  • Classic Star Wars items from the Original Trilogy

492 82.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

At this point, what Hasbro toys do you plan to buy in 2002?

We've seen a lot of the product, and at least some samples of each type of toy for Episode 2, and some Classic Star Wars items that will be released this year.

At this point, what do you plan to buy in 2002?

Check each item that applies.

Then let's discuss our plans for Star Wars' big year.

Classic Trilogy all the way!! I sure am going to save a lot if I dont buy much Ep2 stuff!!
    TK421, why are you not at your post? TK421 do you copy?
    great traders:
    Jonboy, lowly bantha cleaner,
    Forhekset

Right now, only the OT stuff is getting my money. Maybe after I see Ep2 I might change my mind; but right now I have zero interest in this film or it's merchandise.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I've been having nightmares the last few nights, thinking "what if hasbro take an exciting new direction with the classic figures too?" it would be just too much to bear and I'd have to seriously think about whether or not to continue collecting. if the classic figures all turn out like Eeth Koth with no leg articulation or wide leg stances like the ep2 figures. or if they all start looking like disco dancers again. I don't know what I'll do.

I'm going to try to collect as I always have done for the sake of getting the aliens, beasts, droids, and vehicles which is my primary collection. But the human characters look kinda weird now. I've never been much interested in the human characters and now I have less of an interest all told.

I hope the vehicles are less garishly painted in reality too. Everything seems very bright and doesn't seem to match the film counterparts or blend in with the previously released toys. Actually I think that's what bothers me the most - that none of these new toys seem to blend with the other toys we already have. The episode one toys were bad enough with the new kinds of materials they used to make the toys, but these seem very bright and very small. Very different - too different. I hope the production processes tone down the eventual product and that they will mesh well with stuff I have on my shelves.

im gonna buy every sigle one i can get my grubby hands on...
    Master Obi-Wan has lost a planet, how embarassing. - the great yoda

At this point I'm only interested in OT stuff that's new. No resculpts, no stupid gimmicks, just plain figures of characters from the OT that have yet to be put in plastic form.

And even then, only if they're good, and I want them.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I'll buy whatever I think is cool from the 3.75" line, including the beasts.

From what I've seen so far, that means I won't be spending much $$$ on SW toys this year.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

I chose Ships/Vehicles, Classic Trilogy stuff, and Role Play. I probably will get more than that, but right now... I'm really not convinced on what we're seeing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by browndroid
    im gonna buy every sigle one i can get my grubby hands on...
    As much as i really don't like them I'm probably going to get all the the items I can get my hands on
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious