Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who's watching Torchwood?

While on the other side of the Atlantic they've been watching the Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood for a year now, it'll just be starting here in the US a few weeks from now.

On September 8th at 9pm, Torchwood premiers on BBC America.

Anyone else gonna be watching?

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    While on the other side of the Atlantic they've been watching the Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood for a year now, it'll just be starting here in the US a few weeks from now.

On September 8th at 9pm, Torchwood premiers on BBC America.

Anyone else gonna be watching?
    Perhaps if I remember and there is nothing else on. By that time, some new shows might be showing up on the regular networks, and I tend to overlook the cable stations.

Just a bump for Torchwood... as the show starts in about 5 minutes here on the west coast.

Yeah, unlike the SciFi Channel, who only play a Doctor Who episode once (maybe twice), BBC America plays things a few times during the week.

Check the schedule at their Web site... looks like the first episode's on 6 or 7 times this month. Looks like Doctor Who is playing on Sundays also.

This was the only episode that I've seen. The wife watched the whole first season online... assuming that the show would never get over here. (Silly wife.) I was willing to hold out, so all of the rest will be a surprise to me... sort of.

Got it TiVo'ed.

Funny thing was, my 13-year old knew about it and I didn't. He watches waaaaaaaay too much BBCA. (Mostly for "Whose Line")

Saw the premier of Torchwood S2 on BBC2 UK last night. first change is no speaking over the title credits. just makes the theme sting sound like a drunk one man band in an elevator shaft on a bungee rope. however. James Marsters co stars. looking very old and gaunt and still doing the fake British accent when it would have worked somuch better if he's used his native accent.

a fair amount of tension and some kickarse scenes between Marsters and Barrowman. the end credits had a preview of the season tagged on. And I believe Marsters is in more than one episode but don't quote me.

I just watched my first episode of Torchwood. Pretty solid show. Tomorrow I have a marathon(which is on BBC America) set up to record. 7 episodes of it. If I would have known Capt Jack from Dr. Who was in it, I would have watched it sooner. I didnt know it was a spin off of Dr. Who either.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    I didnt know it was a spin off of Dr. Who either.
    Hah! That's gotta be a surprise for you.

It's a great show. A house favorite around here. We watched the last episode (13) of season one again tonight, and they announced that season two would be starting up next Saturday at 9PM. Not bad huh? Only a few weeks behind you kids in the UK there MR. DADDYPANTS. (Now we can talk about the show without and spoiler angst.)