Thumbs down Tales of the Stupid: A thread dedicated to stupid people everywhere!

I thought it was time to start a fresh thread for tales of stupid people we've encountered. This one is pretty general, so it can be about anyone, really.

Here's mine for today:

One of the ad reps came up to the front desk and was looking at the in/out board. He was looking for the IT guy, whose office is right next to the front desk.

He looks at me and asks, "Is he coming in today."

I said, "No, he's out" I pointed to the note next to the IT guy's name in the "comments" section of the in/out board. It reads: OUT 2 & 3 AUGUST 2007.

He says, "Okay... but later today?"

I replied, "No, he's OUT" and pointed to the board again.

Then he says, "I know he's out but will he be in later today?"

One more time, "He's OUT. OUT out!!" And then I point to the board again.

Then he goes, "Oh, I'm supposed to read the whole thing?"

He gets the t-shirt for the day.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t_shirt_black_3.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	15816  
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

That's funny, JP...I love stupid people stories.

My neighbor told me one about his wife that is priceless. She will never live this down...

They were at a friend's wedding and she was recording it with their camcorder. She had the camera in her right hand.
    Apparently they were sitting near the back of the church and could not see very well. She mentioned to her husband that she was not getting good footage of this wedding on the camera. He told her just to lift her arm up and get a better picture.

He didn't think twice about it, then looks over at her and she is sitting there with her LEFT hand sticking straight up in the air and still holding the camcorder in her other hand. She said she couldn't figure out why holding her hand up would help.

He said he took the camcorder from her and did it...he didn't want the minister to see her when asking for objections to the marriage.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

My job as a CSI is a civillian postion. However, I worked for my department as a reserve deputy sheriff for seven years.

It was mandatory that we worked our county fair each year and the stupids were always out in force. At the entrance to the carnival, it was posted that no alcohol was allowed inside the area as it was considered a "family zone". A small contingent of us were always posted at the gate to inform folks that they couldn't bring their beer inside. We would politely tell people that there were in violation when they tried to motor in with the suds. Most went with the program when we explained why. However, for a few, tempers usually started up and arguments insued. When we pointed out the sign posted at the gate, they quickly became apologetic and complied. Never mind the guy with the badge and the authority to ruin your day over something stupid asked you comply, the sign had all the power!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I thought it was time to start a fresh thread for tales of stupid people we've encountered. This one is pretty general, so it can be about anyone, really.

Here's mine for today:

One of the ad reps came up to the front desk and was looking at the in/out board. He was looking for the IT guy, whose office is right next to the front desk.

He looks at me and asks, "Is he coming in today."

I said, "No, he's out" I pointed to the note next to the IT guy's name in the "comments" section of the in/out board. It reads: OUT 2 & 3 AUGUST 2007.

He says, "Okay... but later today?"

I replied, "No, he's OUT" and pointed to the board again.

Then he says, "I know he's out but will he be in later today?"

One more time, "He's OUT. OUT out!!" And then I point to the board again.

Then he goes, "Oh, I'm supposed to read the whole thing?"

He gets the t-shirt for the day.

This incident reminds me of that Yao Ming commercial from years ago, where he was asking "Can I write check." Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7rm-yadkGY
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

The other day at work I needed to get another box of bottles for the lab. I went out to the warehouse nd was looking for the right kind. One of the shipping guys Tom walked past and asked what I was looking for.

"The 2oz cylinder rounds Tom" I said. "Oh they might be on that cart there." Tom said.

I looked on the cart to no avail. But on the top of th warehouse rack I spy the box I need. I pointed it out to Tom and he said "No Problem". He puts his soda down on the ladder sitting next to us and starts to climb the bin.

At which time I point out to Tom that it would be much easier to use the ladder that he put his soda can on to get the box then to climb the bin . . . . he he he.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"