Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good Idea for Vader case

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-lot-star...QQcmdZViewItem

Although what was done to the above hurt the "value" of the case it was a really good idea. I never liked the Vader case as a kid because the figures always fell out when you opened it. Major design flaw. Didn't happen with the later C3PO case. Even after the C3PO case was released they didn't redesign the Vader case or at least the straps for it.

I ended up either throwing my Vader case away or put it in a garage sale or something to get rid of it. I disliked it that much. I actually stored all my figures in a cardboard box as a kid.

Yeah, it was far from perfect... still a far cry better than the vinyl suitcases in my opinion.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

That is a very good idea. Although I'm not about to do that to mine. I think the Vader would work much better if the insert was left in. I know my 3PO case works better with the insert in than out, so I can only image the Vader case would be the same way. The other thing is the case works better if left upright and not banged around (like a little kid is going to do that).
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Gotta love the dust in the corners of the figure slots...I remember that fondly.

I have four of these cases to keep my vintage figures safe.

Someone should just build clear doors that cover the whole slot. That'd require a bigger modification but the end results would be WAY better.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Not a bad idea. Not a bad lot to purchase either, but the shipping is outrageous as always with epay
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

What did they do to the case the auction has ended and it didn't have a pic left to show the modification. I have the same case and would love to know how to modify the case to store my vintage collection a little more safer.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinscia Fat'o View Post
    What did they do to the case the auction has ended and it didn't have a pic left to show the modification. I have the same case and would love to know how to modify the case to store my vintage collection a little more safer.

Scroll down the page and the pics are there.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

In relation to the insert yes it does work much better with it left in but I don't even recall even getting the insert with the case. I must've threw it away almost immediately.

This makes me wonder ... Did they update the newer Vader and C3PO cases design? Did they come with an insert? I never got the POTF2 or later versions so hence the Question.