Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sideshw LOTR collection...

The Hobbits are going on PPO on Monday Aug 06....
    I swore I wasn't going to get pulled into another line, but these figures are too cool to pass up when you see them...

The same great attention to detail as the SW collection...if you're a fan, now is the time with the Hobbits' impending appearance...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LOTR-01sm.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	15823  

The Hobbits are PRICEY though! They look good, and they have a ton of accessories, but man is it hard to look at a $70 pricetag for a 9" figure and not think twice. But yeah, this line is about to take off.

Why are they making me wait so long for 12" Gandalf though? It's like they hate me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I hear that JT. Those Hobbits are expensive! WAY more than Boromir or Aragorn. That just sounds wrong by principle.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Yeah, and they know it's how a lot of collectors feel, but they're sticking with "we loaded them up with accessories"... doesn't make it any easier to get past for me though.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That doesnt do it for me either.

I'm really looking forwars to 12" Gandalf (grey or white -both would be sweet) and Saruman the White. Gotta have Saruman!

I ordered them but the price is just ridiculous for them. I was expecting around 40.00 each, not for them to be more expensive than a regular 12 inch figure. I guess becuase they had to partner with Hot toys to develop a body but they should have been able to do that on their own so i am not accepting that reason. I guess i am justifying the order becuase i am not buying these all. I just have Strider and Legolas. I have Sam and Frodo on order and the only others i plan to order when the time comes are Gandalf, Gimli, Sauron, and Saruman.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post
    That doesnt do it for me either.

I'm really looking forwars to 12" Gandalf (grey or white -both would be sweet) and Saruman the White. Gotta have Saruman!
    Yeah, same here, 12" Gandalf (either) probably would be the crown jewel in the collection, they know it so they're dragging it out to keep us hooked - that's my theory anyway.

I had to get them (LOTR has unfortunately replaced Star Wars as my all-time favorite movie trilogy), but yeah they sure are expensive!

I'm not tied to the Hobbits the same way I am to the other members of the fellowship, even in my extremely limited ToyBiz collection, it's Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, and Gandalf all standing there looking ready for action - I have a second Aragorn, Legolas, and Gandalf, and an Uruk-hai I got on clearance, and the King of the Dead because I'm a sucker for GITD. But I have never felt drawn to buying the Hobbit action figures in any scale, and it's not that I dislike the characters or anything, they're just not something I've ever felt I needed representations of.

So my bank account is very lucky on that one.

My favorite so far is the Gandalf the Grey Statue SS did a few years ago. So far its my prized. I still regret not getting the Minas Morgul Enviroment when I had the chance.