Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Top 10 Resculpts

I know not everyone likes resculpts but everyone does have to acknowledge the fact that some figures need a second chance at being great or at least better than they were before. After looking at my collection i have noticed that some major characters and some minor characters first figures well just plain suck...so if you as a collector had to chose 10 figures that need a modern update who would they be...why? What would you change about them from their previous offerings? Here's mine.

1.) Mon Mothma: I have a soft spot for this character, she's not exciting but when the POTF2 version was made i was in heaven and checked every store until i found her...i bought three of her...but after opening the figure i was greatly dissappointed.... She doesn't have legs...she's a glorified PVC figure which sucks...theres no action to this action figure. She needs to at least have legs...It would be great to have soft goods at least from the waste down, so she can sit down.

2.) Emperor Palaptine: Much like Mothma the POTF2 version was horrid. The chain lighting figure from the Episode one flashback was an improvement but not by much. The Sidious figure from Episode one was argueably the best version of this character to date on a single card, and thats not even the emperor. He needs soft good robes, articulation, a lightsaber, a cane, or at least a throne....

3.) Prince Xizor, resculpt Xizor with soft goods and articulation. The basic POTF2 figure has a good likeness but lacks movement, which hurts the figure.

4.) Luke Skywalker Snow Speeder pilot, this figure has alot of requests made for it. It was good for it's day, but needs an update or at least a repaint of the vintage version...he needsa removeable helmet, articulation, still have the gray gloves and a grenade to recreate the classic AT-AT duel.

5.) Obi Won Kenobi, not counting the obi pilot figure from ROTS there isn't a good obi figure. A new hope Kenobi has suffered more than any other version of this character. The vintage kenobi is good looking but has no knee articulation, which sucks though that is a great starting place to finally finish kenobi. He needs soft goods, but he also needs articulation more. I think a hybrid version between the pilot and the vintage is the way to go with this figure.

6.) Weeoquy skiff guard, he looks great, paint apps are awesome, but he's stuck in a scene specfic pose much the same as the kenner version. He needs some articulation.

7.) Ponda Bobba (Walrus Man) Soft goods jacket like vintage Greedo, Removeable hand to recreate the kenobi scene. Articulation would also be nice as well...no posed out PVC's like the cinama scene figure...A holster for his pistol would also be nice.

8.) Bespin Security Guard, we need the black repaint like the kenner days. The POTJ version was a great figure but he needs knee articulation and to have a black counterpart. Another head with facial hair like the kenner version would also be cool and welcomed.

9.) Jar Jar Binks, his TPM figures we okay for the times...but time has changed since then. Jar Jar needs to be modern with articulation and a removeable toungue like ROTS Mas Ameda.

10.) Princess Leia...not counting the vintage endor scout/poncho figure...just start over on Leia. She has yet to really get a good figure.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

San Hill (Soft goods, SA, and better head sculpt)
    General Grievous (Correct scale, SA, and soft goods)
    IG-100 MagnaGuard (SA, soft goods, and with TAC Obi-Wan's electro staff.)
    Battle Droid (SA)
    Destroyer Droid (SA, and can fold up)
    Imperial Probe Droid (SA & with Hyperspace Pod that it can fit in.)

These figures have that almost cartoonish POTF2 sculpting and need an update:
    Weequay
    Gamorrean Guard
    Admiral Ackbar
    Yak Face
    EV-9D9
    Luke Snowspeeder Pilot
    Wicket
    Logray

Barada - one of my favorite characters and I think it would be great to see a new version with added articulation, although I'd settle for a Kithaba figure.
    Paploo - the old version was just a retooled Wicket with a new cowl, he needs a complete redo

BigB's list is a really good one but lacking Nien Nunb!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    These figures have that almost cartoonish POTF2 sculpting and need an update:
    Weequay
    Gamorrean Guard
    Admiral Ackbar
    Yak Face
    EV-9D9
    Luke Snowspeeder Pilot
    Wicket
    Logray

Barada - one of my favorite characters and I think it would be great to see a new version with added articulation, although I'd settle for a Kithaba figure.
    Paploo - the old version was just a retooled Wicket with a new cowl, he needs a complete redo
    forgot about Ackbar and Nien numb. Otherwise awesome list, and agree with everyone of them.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

I wish Hasbro would do a fans choice resculpt poll. Lets do a poll and see how many people would be down with that. I'm serious though. It'd be so we could choose a resculpt that gets done of figures from the vintage line up to present.

Most notable ones for me are:

Dr-Evazan
    Admiral Ackbar
    Gamorrean guard
    DSII Luke
    Snowspeeder Luke
    Wedge antilles (a new sculpt for all that is sacred!! NO kitbashing - and an accurate size compared to Luke)
    Wicket
    Weequay
    Uncle Owen ANH
    Ben Kenobi ANH (VOTC was crap - crap head, crap articulation, crap softgoods - crap)

Moff jerrjerrod!!! I realise this is most unlikely, and unwanted by many I'm sure after the pegwarming horror of the last one but this figure was crap...which possibly contributed to the pegwarming. I honestly don't think any attempt was made on this guy to do an accurate likeness. I bears no resemblance whatsoever to the actor and then there was the wide stance and no knee articulation...

The figures I would most like to see resculpted are:

1. Weequay, I agree the other is not so good
    2. Gamorrean Guard, ditto
    3. Qui Gon Jinn, assuming the one in the Evolutions pack is not SA
    4. Jar Jar Binks, I also want to see a better articulated one
    5. Uncle Owen, I want one that does not look drunk
    6. Dr Evazan, the face on the other one is not good
    7. Jawas, just because I like more Jawas
    8. Tusken Raider, same reason as above
    9. Mon Mothma, the other one was not good
    10. Padme, the white outfit from The Phantom Menace

Nein Nunb is another figure who desperately needs a resculpt!

Add to that, Sy Snootles, Max Rebo and Droopy McCool as the original band for Jabba's Palace.

Can't believe I forgot Captain Piett!! The coolest of the imperial officers.