Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon

Anyone else catch this show? I thought it was pretty good. I will watch a few more episodes. If you missed it Sci-Fi is running it all weekend.

Ming kind of reminded me of Christopher Walken the way he talked at some points in the show.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Ming kind of reminded me of Christopher Walken the way he talked at some points in the show.
    Flash Gordon: "You'll never get away with it, Ming!"

Emperor Ming: "Say your prayers, Gordon. You're about to be blasted with MORE COWBELL!".
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Yeah, I watched it. And it was pretty good. As a kid I only saw or heard about the camping versions of Flash Gordon. That pretty much turned me off. But this was good and looked well done. One thing I say though, is Ming looks totally wrong. But I guess we can't have any Yellow Hoards today.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam View Post
    Yeah, I watched it. And it was pretty good. As a kid I only saw or heard about the camping versions of Flash Gordon. That pretty much turned me off. But this was good and looked well done. One thing I say though, is Ming looks totally wrong. But I guess we can't have any Yellow Hoards today.
    I think it works for a look. He looks human, but doesn't that make him the more effective monster?

The plot of I got to find my father will work, but how far can they carry it? The bad part is that this could quickly become alien vixen of the week coming to earth which would get old fast.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

It was ok, I had it on while working. It was ok, but I'm not going to put any time into it, it's not quite working for me. The main leads are a little too generic and the world of Mongo just didn't deliver enough. It felt too much like someone trying to blend hard and soft sci-fi.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I watched it. Flash Gordon, 35 year old doofus who lives with his mom who's claim to fame is winning a sparsely attended marathon?

Ming the Merciless... boring as could be.

What a disappointment.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Yeah, Ming was a big disappointment, no kidding on that one.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've seen a picture of ming he's a tall blonde headed canadian.

I think I like the "What monster of the week can we think up next" Sci-Fi channel episodes just a little better.
    They could of at least used some kinda cool over the top costumes for Ming and his minions.
    I give this one a couple of episodes till ixnay time.

It's not a bad show. Ming isn't that merciless, and I got a kick out of the fact that Flash still lives at home with mom. I will continue watching.

It is a change from the original black and white Flash Gordon series (which I remember seeing reruns of as a kid) or the campy early 80s movie.

Like so many other franchises and series, it's a reboot.