Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Episode II Music

www.darkhorizons.com had this in their news today...

Star Wars: Episode II: 'S & M' briefed us a few years back about the music in Episode I, now they're back with a look at what we can apparently expect from John Williams in Episode II:

"The Main Title is the exact same it's always been. Nothing new here at all. "Anakin's Theme" is much more prominent this time, but delving much more into "The Imperial March".
    There are is a brand new love theme, one being kept kind of secret, as they just printed at the top of the sheet music "The Love Theme." (I certainly hope that doesn't stick). It was recorded within the context of the movie, as well as a seperate musical piece.

"Palpatine" (that's how Williams primarily addressed) and his theme is back...this time much darker and sinister than Episode One. With it is also what was titled "The Dark Side" or something similiar (snippets of this was heard with Episode 1, the slow beating of drums and "cha-cha" sound heard with Maul and Sidious).

"Duel of the Fates" makes a prominent return also. There was one curious new theme that was included that my source thinks may be that of a Fett Legacy-type thing. Not too sure about it, however.

Lastly, "The Light of the Force" is going to make several new appearances as well. Overall, this score is going to be darker than Episode 1."

Thanks to Garth and his 'spies" at DH!!
    [size=-2][color=darkblue]Let's consider our world not as inherited from our parents but as borrowed from our children[/color] -- [i]Unknown Kenyan[/i][/size]

Cool news Utinni. Do you think that they will be smart enough on the E2 music CD track list, not to give away anything major in the track names. Remember the E1 CD's track list "Qui-Gon's Funeral". Nice job of keeping that one under wraps Lucasfilm. I hope you guys fired whoever decided to use that as a track name on a CD that comes out before the movie opens.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Who let creepy back in?

Eat me, fanboy. Steve said as long as I "behave" and don't hand out the password, I can come back. So except for this one time right now, I am never mentioning it again. I am also not talking to you. We are still sore at what you did to us.
    [size=-2][color=darkblue]Let's consider our world not as inherited from our parents but as borrowed from our children[/color] -- [i]Unknown Kenyan[/i][/size]

"....................."

(thinking about everything he could type)

(breathes deeply)

(exhales)

Fair Enough. Nice scoop on the music. I wonder if the "love theme" is reminiscent of the Han/Leia theme or entirely new.

Is the Fett/legacy theme in the Duel of the Fates? That is written oddly.

Palpatine sounds cool.

I guess we'll hear it in a few months, anyway...

Originally posted by Utinni
    Eat me, fanboy. Steve said as long as I "behave" and don't hand out the password, I can come back. So except for this one time right now, I am never mentioning it again. I am also not talking to you. We are still sore at what you did to us.
    I am a long time SSG reader, but I have only been a member of these forums since the beginning of the year.
    Did I miss something here? You have caught my interest.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Originally posted by JangoFett96

I am a long time SSG reader, but I have only been a member of these forums since the beginning of the year.
    Did I miss something here? You have caught my interest.
    Nope. Nothing to see here move along.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Arrow

Boba Fett had a theme from ESB that had a French horn motif (if I recall correctly), so I figure that's what Williams may be aluding to. I agree with the "spoilers" aspect; if there's an "Obi-Wan Becomes a Clone" or something song, that'll be crappy.

Here's the way that the songs should be written (I have no scoops, I'm just making this up as I go):
    Main Title
    Down to the Planet's Surface
    A Mysterious Wind
    The Armies Proceed
    A New Enemy
    Final Approach
    Maelstrom of the Force
    Tribute to a Fallen Friend
    The Senate Chamber
    Doku's Theme
    The Droids Arrive
    Starfighter Duel

Etc.
    Etc.

Now, would we, the fans, know EXACTLY what happened if these were the song titles? No! But would we WANT to know? Darn tootin'! Arr.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I for one am happy that the music theme's are getting darker and darker, building up to the Rise of the Empire in Episode III...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Palpatine's gonna do the cha-cha???
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"