Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

New Hoth Battle Pack?

From, http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/i...?topic=15858.0

The JediDefender Spy Network has uncovered a bit of news this AM... it seems as though a new Hoth Battle Pack just might be headed our way later this year or early next.

No official details just yet, but it's very likely that this pack will include -

Hoth Han Solo (2007 Vintage Repaint with Blue Coat)
    Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker (using the Zev body with new head/helmet)
    Rebel Officer (a gray colored Derlin repaint)
    Hoth Rebe Trooper (don't get too excited, it's the tiny 2004 sculpt)

Details are a bit sketchy on what that 5th figure will be, but we should have more details later today hopefully...

Bah! The other ones were a lot better. The only figure that sounds interesting of the four is the Rebel Officer. An awesome fifth figure could possibly salvage this set (assuming its true) in my eyes.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Well this would be the right set to put Torryn Farr in. We'd all complain about having to get the set for just her, but most of us would still get the set.

But really those four figures plus a Torryn Farr is a decent set. I'd buy one.
    Move along, move along

Too bad its all Rebels... should've had a couple of VTAC Snowtroopers thrown in for good measure.

Luke is going to be way too tall, and I hope this isn't the final version of him in his snowspeeder pilot gear. I should've known this Han was coming. The others will make good background fodder. Here's hoping that the fifth figure will be a VTAC Snowtrooper.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Ugh. Luke could've been a great figure, but they had to use the Gold Leader body again. Hopefully they will end up using a better sized scupt (like the VTSC Luke), repainted, new arms and a hood piece added. Also his own lightsaber.

I don't like the Han. If they were to rerelease this figure again, you would think they might include the hood-up piece.

A different head other than Bren Derlin might be nice on the grey repainted figure.

And then there's the dreadful Hoth midget/statuette Soldier.
    "Chad Vader to aisle 5 for vomit cleanup. Chad to aisle 5 for vomit cleanup."

Luke looks terrible with those unarticulated straight arms, incorrect height and incorrect boots. However, I almost wonder if this means we'll see a new Luke Snowspeeder Pilot in 2008. Seeing as how Hoth Han and the Snowtrooper were released in a Tin Set just a few months before the vintage-style versions of those two figures.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I cant beleive they trashed a perfectly good Hoth Battle pack for this set.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Luke looks terrible with those unarticulated straight arms, incorrect height and incorrect boots. However, I almost wonder if this means we'll see a new Luke Snowspeeder Pilot in 2008. Seeing as how Hoth Han and the Snowtrooper were released in a Tin Set just a few months before the vintage-style versions of those two figures.
    luke pilot sure does not look good!

I remember they made a han (frozen carbonite) with battle pack figures and years later they make a all new sculpt han with carbonite black for the saga collection.

maybe they should do the same thing for luke hoth pilot.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/att...chmentid=15857