Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Superbad

Superbad

I was going to post this in the "What have you watched recently" thread, but this is too good to not have its own thread.

This movie is hilarious! You guys have got to check this one out. If you're a fan of stuff like "Freaks and Geeks", "The 40 Year Old Virgin", or "Knocked Up" like I am, you'll love "Superbad". Jonah Hill and Michael Cera are hilarious as the two main characters, Seth and Evan in their quest for booze and girls. Seth Rogen and Bill Hader are hilarious as two slacker cops. But the real big laughs of the movie come from Fogell, aka "McLovin". This movie is like a funnier, less cartoony version of "American Pie". Plus any movie that brings Judd Apatow and Seth Rogen together is awesome. Go see it now. You won't be disappointed.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I haven't had time to write a review, but this was a HYSTERICAL flick. It's incredibly raunchy, dirty, and silly, but dammit if i didn't laugh the whole time. Every decade there are a few great "teen adventure" films and this is the first one of the new millenium. I agree that McLovin' almost stole the show, but Hill and Cera were top notch. Cera has perfected the awkward guy role and I couldn't help but think of George Michae in "Arrested Development." There are also oodles cameos from "freaks & geeks" and "Undeclared." It's as good as "Knocked Up" but it has a lot of heart and humor. And every guy here can relate it to their high school years. It was a very funny flick!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I thought Superbad was great!
    I get the feeling that it will be one of those movies that gets quoted all the time.

For example (the response to the un-quotable on SSG statement):
    "Yeah, they told us that would happen in health class."
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    That was one of the best lines in the movie.

I also loved "The funny thing about my back is that it's located on my ----"

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    "The funny thing about my back is that it's located on my ----"
    ha, one of the best quotes in the entire movie.

"McLovin!"

"Why!"

the cops w/McLovin was probably my fav side story in the movie. Bill Hader and Seth Rogen worked well together, and the ending with them was amazing. great movie, would def see it again.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

I laughed through 85% of this movie, it CERTAINLY lived up to the hype.

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    I thought Superbad was great!
    Oh man, I was almost in tears when he said that.

The flick made almost 32 mill this weekend and i'm very proud to have contributed to that. I cannot wait for the DVD which is BOUND to be unrated with more footage!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

My sister and I saw it yesterday at my local theater, awesome crowd, hilarious film, not 1 thing from that movie can be quoted here on SSG and that's the way it should be! So sick of movies trying to shoehorn that type of comedy into PG-13.

The first 20 minutes or so was a little slow but the rest was solid (the cops were too broadly drawn, but had several payoffs that kept it from being a drag), I think the movie really found its pace right after Seth mentioned that 8% of kids do it, that sequence set a whole new tone. And it was awesome to see a movie about teens who aren't in their mid-20s.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I loved the end of the whole shoot-off scene. "OH SH--!!! THE COPS!!!" and McLovin saying "It's in! Oh my god! It's in!" before the cops barged in.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    And it was awesome to see a movie about teens who aren't in their mid-20s.
    Well one out of two isn't bad.