Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

We're getting James Bond figures!!!

Corgi has announced that they're making a line of Bond action figures that will include classic flicks and new ones. Here is the info from AF.COM:

Now THIS, I'm really excited about as it's something I've wanted to see happen for quite a while: Corgi have got the license to produce James Bond Action Figures...

Corgi International Limited (Nasdaq GM:CRGI) today announced that it has entered into a Master Toy & Collectible Replica agreement with EON Productions. The agreement for the James Bond classic movie archive runs through 2010 and includes the forthcoming James Bond Movie due for release in 2008 and subsequent movies released during the course of the term.

This worldwide agreement will allow Corgi International to release both mass market product ranges as well as core collectibles on innovative product lines that include, Action Figures, Vehicles, Electronic Roleplay, Die Cast, High Specification Remote Control released under the Popco brand and High end Replicas released under the world renowned Master Replicas branding, amongst other items in varying scales and formats.

Corgi International CEO Michael Cookson commented, "Corgi has had a long association with the James Bond license, and as a licensee for over 40 years on Die Cast, we truly believe that we have reached an agreement where we can use our expertise in both the mass and collectibles markets to release products to a fan base that is both core and aspirational, something that most people believe James Bond to be. Our product range will commence before the movie release in 2008 with classic movie product and replicas and continue with some strong and innovative mass market lines, and we are proud to continue our association with such a franchise.

Keith Snelgrove, SVP Global Business Strategy for EON Productions, also commented " We pride ourselves in the long-standing business relationships we have with many of our James Bond franchise partners. Corgi has been with us since the beginning, and we are excited to see the new range of both toys and prop replicas that Corgi International will bring to market in conjunction with our next film and beyond. "

Editor's Note: Ever since I saw the Golden Compass figures at the UK ToyFair, I've wanted Corgi to get a Bond Action Figure License. Why? Take a look at the 3.75" Daniel Craig figure from the Golden Compass line (in our US ToyFair Gallery) and tell me how great a 3.75" Bond line would be? You've seen what they've done with Harry Potter and how freaking awesome that line is... now imagine a Bond line like that.

Now I know some of you would really want a 6" line, and yeah that would be cool except for one thing...vehicles. At 3.75" Corgi could do the Bond cars at that scale, you could do little Nellie, you could do playsets of lairs. When I saw that Daniel Craig figure at the UK ToyFair, Matt and I (both) asked them why they weren't doing a 3.75" Bond line.

So please Corgi: 3.75" James Bond line
    Source

Here is a link to the Golden Compass line that he's talking about: http://74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=62627

That Craig looks VERY good. I'm pretty excited about this!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

How bout nut whacked Bond? joking of course although Lachiffre should get his due that way and with a metal ball instead of a knotted rope.

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    How bout nut whacked Bond? joking of course although Lachiffre should get his due that way and with a metal ball instead of a knotted rope.
    Only if it came with a sound base!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Only if it came with a sound base!
    Yeah really, now the world's gonna know that you died scratching my balls! HAHAHAHAHA.

I hope the scale is 3.75. Those figures look cool.
    I'd love to get a 1:18 scale Sean Connery in martini outfit to fit in a silver Aston Martin.
    I've got the die-cast Danbury Mint one (1:24 or 1:32 scale?) which has so many features I haven't dicovered them all yet. I would love to see a larger one w/figure with all those cool features. It would almost be like a playset.

In the past Corgi did quite a few of the 1:43 scale Hollywood vehicles. A little too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    I hope the scale is 3.75. Those figures look cool.
    I'd love to get a 1:18 scale Sean Connery in martini outfit to fit in a silver Aston Martin.
    I've got the die-cast Danbury Mint one (1:24 or 1:32 scale?) which has so many features I haven't dicovered them all yet. I would love to see a larger one w/figure with all those cool features. It would almost be like a playset.

In the past Corgi did quite a few of the 1:43 scale Hollywood vehicles. A little too small.
    They were 1:36 scale, about 6" long with metal figures. The General Lee has plastic Bo and Luke figures though.

Sounds good but Corgi often makes wild claims they don't fully meet, so I'm going to take a wait and see attitude.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Sounds good but Corgi often makes wild claims they don't fully meet, so I'm going to take a wait and see attitude.
    Not that I doubt you, but i'm not too familar with Corgi, so do you have an example or two of this?

Not a huge fan of James Bond... but thanks for the link to those Golden Compass figures. The first images I saw of them were horrid, but these look great. I guess I'll be getting myself some of them. Nice face sculpts on the lot.

Here's my concern -- will these be limited to the UK like the current Corgi/Popco Harry Potter figures? I would love to get a bunch of figures from that line (which is out now) but between shipping costs and the exchange rate, I would lose my shirt. I've had to settle for the Neca 3.75" "inaction" figures (which are nice, mind you, but they don't do much.) If these bond figures do make it to the US, I'll be all over them. Perhaps there isn't a conflict with Bond like there is with Potter (Popco would sap some of NECA's sales)?

http://www.popcoentertainment.com/