Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Alien vs Predator: Requiem

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/74...37/vids_1.html

HOLY HELL.....a RED bar trailer....that just blew me away......lots of violence finally.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    http://media.movies.ign.com/media/74...37/vids_1.html

HOLY HELL.....a RED bar trailer....that just blew me away......lots of violence finally.
    So, Michelle Dessler went from CTU to fighting Aliens and Predators?!?? God, let this movie have a cameo from Jack Bauer!!!!

I hated the first one for two reasons:
    1. PG-13!?!?? What?!?!!? I want violence, Gore, action and potty language!
    2. The ending was SO AWFUL. so, if you fight with the Predator, you join their clan and become the Lil'st Predator??!?!! I was hoping that after the fight, the Predators would just kill her off cos they're PREDATORS.

If this is R, i'll check it out. After all, it can't be worse than the first one.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I looks like the standard "disaster" type of movie where we see a large group of humans slowly picked off one by one by the bad guys.

Sort of Zombie movie meets

Rambo meets Alien meets

Predator meets

Evil Dead meets

David and Goliath meets

"we'll throw in more blood this time to make it look cooler, then when it all looks hopeless, the 'everyman' (or woman) will come to the rescue with a simple weapon and show how even the little guy with no technology can defeat a great enemy."

Yawn.

meh

Can somebody PLEASE get back to writing intriguing stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    So, Michelle Dessler went from CTU to fighting Aliens and Predators?!?? God, let this movie have a cameo from Jack Bauer!!!!

I hated the first one for two reasons:
    1. PG-13!?!?? What?!?!!? I want violence, Gore, action and potty language!
    2. The ending was SO AWFUL. so, if you fight with the Predator, you join their clan and become the Lil'st Predator??!?!! I was hoping that after the fight, the Predators would just kill her off cos they're PREDATORS.

If this is R, i'll check it out. After all, it can't be worse than the first one.
    Frankly, I loved the first one. Sure it lacked in a few areas, but everything about it worked. And frankly, I don't really get what the problem is... Alien wasn't a gorefest or actionfest. Both it and AVP focused on atmosphere over gore.

And I also don't get the problem with the ending. That's been established in the comics, as well as in Predator 2. When Danny Glover is given the old pistol as a token of honor. But in this case, she faced the "Alien" and survived.

I like the look of this one...hopefully it delivers.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I just watched the red bar trailer, thats some badass stuff. Blood guts and melting faces .

Hmmmm.... should definitely be entertaining. Love the red trailer.

Btw - I neither loved nor hated the first one.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

What Yuke said about AVP - I didn't love or hate it but thought it was "Alright"

WOW does that new one look fun !!! It made me as giddy as the Rambo 4 trailer.
    I can't imagine some of that making the ratings cut but the DVD should be nice.
    This one looks better than Alien 3, 4 and AVP combined !

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid View Post
    I looks like the standard "disaster" type of movie where we see a large group of humans slowly picked off one by one by the bad guys.

Sort of Zombie movie meets

Rambo meets Alien meets

Predator meets

Evil Dead meets

David and Goliath meets

"we'll throw in more blood this time to make it look cooler, then when it all looks hopeless, the 'everyman' (or woman) will come to the rescue with a simple weapon and show how even the little guy with no technology can defeat a great enemy."

Yawn.

meh

Can somebody PLEASE get back to writing intriguing stories?
    While I do agree with you about the lack of originality in Hollywood, I do admit that the prospect of Aliens vs. Predators are a good idea (even though the first movie was mediocre). I feel the same way about Terminator vs. Robocop. Anything else is just stupid. Freddy vs. Jason was terrible.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]