Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

When do you tell ppl that your wife is expecting

Do you wait until the first Trimester is over?
    Do you mention it beforehand?
    Does it matter if you wife if over or under 35 (aka "Higher risk pregancy)?
    Do you name the boy Anakin/Luke/George or the girl Leia or Padme?
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

I usually wait until we know who the father is.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Wait until after the baby is born and then surprise everyone. Walk in with a baby and say, hey its your grandchild.

Seriously, its all up to the indivisula upon when they will tell. Some people wait a few weeks, months, some people await doctor confirmation.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

When she starts to look fat and you don't want strangers to think you married one of "those."

Call me nuts, but I think you just did.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Call me nuts, but I think you just did.
    You got me on that one.

Mrs. VDC is at the Dr for the "test" but I am sure it's all good.

I am more that surprised since we were told that it would not happen.

Of course being married for almost 15 yrs I was getting settled into my ways but now I must adapt.

sometime after 8 weeks. The spontaneous abort rate is unbelievable until after 8 weeks.

If you've been getting fertility treatments and have been telling people, than you've already let the cat out of the bag of the plans, but be forewarned that all these treatments have a low success rate in the low teens for a "medical" procedure.

You may end up having to tell the people you're buying the crib, diapers and clothes for that you're not pervs and expecting a baby though. That maybe the absolute minimum you have to tell.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    sometime after 8 weeks. The spontaneous abort rate is unbelievable until after 8 weeks.

If you've been getting fertility treatments and have been telling people, than you've already let the cat out of the bag of the plans, but be forewarned that all these treatments have a low success rate in the low teens for a "medical" procedure.

You may end up having to tell the people you're buying the crib, diapers and clothes for that you're not pervs and expecting a baby though. That maybe the absolute minimum you have to tell.
    In our case my wife has Celiac and it was misdiagnosed for years (like 30) and after the shellfish allergy over the past few years we were more aware of any setbacks to her health (like the idiot brother serving shrimp at a family gathering..."oops") and it's impact to her.

We did not actually plan anything or use any fertility drugs or anything related to that.

We actually have not told any family members just yet, I was figuring on waiting until the first trimester is over.

congrats VDC and good luck !

I would wait until after the first trimester, I'm sure all of your family and friends will be super excited for you and you wouldn't want your wife to feel stressed out over all the well wishing while the pregnancy is still so new.

You should wait at least 2 months like Barnard Gumble said earlier.

Don't tell your parents, tell your parents friends. Then they will tell your parents. When they ask why you didn't tell them, accuse them of not asking you and your wife.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane