Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Pro football? AGAIN?!? Oh yeah!

Pre season! Awesome!

Okay, probably not. All those pass interference/DB contact flags are going to be bad, I think. Call your shot, fans! I predict that the Steelers will field a team, and that that team will compile statistics.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I predict that Tampa Bay will continue to have a viewership and stadium that don't meet minimum capacity and the NFL won't do anything about it despite LA still not having a pro team and NFL viewership in the largest single market in the country will remain in the toilet until the Super Bowl. So Florida has a total of 19 million people in it and gets 3 teams, while the county of Los Angeles has 10 million people in it and gets zero teams.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    So Florida has a total of 19 million people in it and gets 3 teams, while the county of Los Angeles has 10 million people in it and gets zero teams.
    Uh, you seem to have forgotten the LA KISS. There weren't officially eliminated from an Arena FB playoff spot this year when their record was 3-10, IIRC. So what if they play in OC. And their field is gray. Quality!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

San Diego was fun to watch tromp Dallas.

We look good so far - but it's pre-season.

I recorded the game and analyzed it actually. I find I like football games better if I don't know their outcome and get to watch them quarter by quarter instead of taking them in at 3 hours all at once.

But maybe that's just pre-season when I'm trying to figure things out.

I could care less if LA had a team. KISS might be a cable TV stunt joke. I didn't even pay it enough attention to know if that's the case, but I do suspect.

As to LA fans coming down to San Diego games (NFL and especially MLB)? I have very statistically established prejudiced reasons for not enjoying their brand of fandom at my games. I really don't care what anyone else thinks. I have a right to stand by my opinion. Think what you want of me. I'd (almost) enjoy watching contraries getting their butts whooped while they disagree with me - because that's what could happen.

And I'll add that I go to EVERY Padres-Dodger game down in SD with a very good best-friend who's of a different ethnicity than me - and a Dodgers fan who insists on wearing his colors. HE is a very good best friend I've spent the past 6 years with going to at least (more than) 9 games per season with. As to being prejudiced against others of my own best friend's ethnicity? I have very real experiences with fighting with other Dodgers fans of "that kind," and they still think the Raiders are their team. All Los Angeles needs is one more flag to raise in San Diego. Excluding (actually several) close friends, I really don't want anything to do with other fans of their teams!

LA can do what it wants, but I will not welcome their teams but wholly enjoy the days the Chargers and Padres put those guys down.

LA: your fans denigrate the value athletes like Clayton Kershaw bring to their game. If you got a real football team, you'd spoil that too. San Diegans don't come in large groups to your stadium because instead of enjoying the spirit of fan-rivalry, you stab and shoot people who come to enjoy the sport being exhibited - and I feel fortunate for my fellow city's citizens that I don't have to refer to a San Diegan, but a San Franciscan instead.

So back to football - I don't even go to Qualcomm (in walking distance from my home) when the Raiders are in town - and they're from Oakland now - get used to it. The Chargers ARE your SoCal team you morons!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Uh, you seem to have forgotten the LA KISS. There weren't officially eliminated from an Arena FB playoff spot this year when their record was 3-10, IIRC. So what if they play in OC. And their field is gray. Quality!
    I didn't forget anything, all those non-NFL teams suck and their leagues disappear quickly.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Sooner or later somebody will move to LA, it won't be Minnesota since they are getting a new stadium, in no particular order I've heard the: Rams, Raiders, Chargers or Bills could move.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Sooner or later somebody will move to LA, it won't be Minnesota since they are getting a new stadium, in no particular order I've heard the: Rams, Raiders, Chargers or Bills could move.
    They always use the threat of moving teams to LA to get them to fall into line with the NFL. As the fallout from the The Chargers can't come back to LA though, we don't want 'em.

Screw it, it's been 20 years, LA is done with the theatrics and the bullcrap, let's get a pro tennis team in here and ignore the NFL entirely, zero viewership, see how they like THAT.

They always use the threat of moving teams to LA to get them to fall into line with the NFL. As the fallout from the The Chargers can't come back to LA though, we don't want 'em.

Screw it, it's been 20 years, LA is done with the theatrics and the bullcrap, let's get a pro tennis team in here and ignore the NFL entirely, zero viewership, see how they like THAT.
    I actually liked it when we got the "best matchup" NFC or AFC game on TV; now our "home team" is considered the Chargers in SoCal.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/s...next-two-years

Magic Johnson doesn't have the same thought process as you.

Magic is full of beans and that article is really off the mark since Farmers Field just went down in flames so any new stadium that isn't the Colosseum getting rebuilt will be a lot further off now (he's probably pushing for the parking lot of Dodger stadium since he's part owner in the Dodgers, but that's a pipe dream as infrastructure out there won't handle it) and teams are always visiting LA to suggest a move only to turn around and make that into a negotiation tool with their home towns.