Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Slave I rerelease

There are at least two releases of Boba Fett figures coming up... in Legends, and in the "Fett" Evolutions set (not counting the animated and concept figures out already). This leads me to believe that a holiday 2007 rerelease of the OTC Slave I for the TAC is not out of the question. I really wish they would, even if it has to be a store exclusive, since I never saw the Target exclusive on shelves and can't pay secondary market prices. I imagine it would retail for $39.99, though $29.99 would be more appropriate.

Cool, but not enough to upgrade my Shadows of the Empire Slave I!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

id like to see a new sculpt of this item, but if it's the orginal in a new box, with a new figure then i pass.

Having missed the previous modern releases (and knowing what they could do paint application-wise now) I would appreciate the release. It would look great in the TAC packaging as well. And I have to imagine it could be a strong seller with kids and collectors alike. That is one of the best existing vehicle sculpts and is supremely iconic as well. I think we have a total of 5 Boba's out or coming out in the next 12 months, so Christmas '07 or Spring '08 would be a fine time to put it out.

Who would make good pack-ins? The Saga 2006 Han in Carbonite and a VTOC ROTJ styled Boba, perhaps?

No offense to the rest of you that want this, but I've had enough of Slave I. I've bought all the releases up til now. No reason for me to buy another, especially if it's just a rehash, figures included or not. Because the figures are going to be the same characters we've had before.

At least in the case of the Y-wing, there were truly two never before released characters/figures.

The only figure I can see added as a pack-in that might draw people in that are apprehensive to buying it again is another Bespin Security guard, but with better articulation and of a different race. IIRC, the one who put the Caronite block in was white. It would be a given that Boba would be included and the Caronite block as well.

Still one figure is not enough to make me want to buy the whole set again.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by Sinscia Fat'o View Post
    id like to see a new sculpt of this item, but if it's the orginal in a new box, with a new figure then i pass.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I would love to see Hasbro re-invent the Slave 1 with a bigger scaled version and more features. I have the AOTC version as well as the orignal version from Kenner but never paid into buying the repaints.

If Hasbro does decide to repack this vehicle, then unless they give us a really awesome Fett and a really cheap price ie $19.99 or less then I will have to pass again.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

id buy it on the condition it came with the evolutions boba.
    it seems since i saw no boba cuts it these days.

I would actually buy this since I dont have a modern Slave1, just Jangos from AOTC. I never saw the Target exclusive from a few years back.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten