Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

2007-08 College Football Thread

#5 Michigan lost to a D1-AA school. (Awesome by the way :P)
    Notre Dame looked horrible losing 33-3.
    I hate USC.

Feel free to add your own thoughts on this season.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

My thoughts on the season are this: it's over.

That Michigan loss was NOT awesome from my perspective.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Ann Arbor is a w***e !!!!

Hopefully the Suckeyes will tumble somewhere as well.

This weekend, I couldn't lose: OSU played in-state rival and former employer of Jim Tressel YSU, so whomever won would be fine by me (although it's just not possible for a ranked whatever-the-heck-they're-calling-the-former-IA-level team to lose to a whatever-the-heck-they're-calling-the-former-IAA-level team anyway... oh, right I guess it is ).

And Pitt won.

My alma mater Chaffey Community College won by 3 TDs, too. The other college from which I graduated has no football program, so they didn't lose either. I'd call this a win-win-win-win-win opening weekend.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Ann Arbor is a w***e !!!!
    Well..... I never.

This just goes right back to my age-old argument: DO NOT schedule games against non-DIV1 teams. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN, AND EVERYTHING TO LOSE. Case in point.

Even if Michigan runs the table, smokes Ohio State by 40 pts and everyone else loses to a ranked team..... we still can't be #1. No way, never, not gonna happen. Now I get to sit through a whole entire college football season with the feeling that every game is meaningless. Whoopee.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Nebraska did well yesterday, beating Nevada by a score of 52-10. At one point, Nevada was leading by three but it didnt last long as the Huksers depth and skill soon overwhelmed them. Tough loss for the wolfpack, but i think they can bounce back from it and have a productive season. After hearing of Michigans loss yesterday, i knew whatever happend in the real champs of 97s game couldnt possible be as bad as that.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason View Post
    Even if Michigan runs the table, smokes Ohio State by 40 pts and everyone else loses to a ranked team..... we still can't be #1. No way, never, not gonna happen. Now I get to sit through a whole entire college football season with the feeling that every game is meaningless. Whoopee.
    Well, UM will probably play mad the rest of the year. If your predcitions all come true, jjr, I do think they'd be #1, because the BCS rankings are all that matter once bowl season starts, and they'd probably be either 1 or 2.

Of course, nothing of the sort shall come to pass.

So, what do you all think of freezing the preseason polls until every team's played at least 2 or 3 games?
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Wont happen, there would be organizations that would attempt to come up with standings prior to the 2 or 3 game limit. Its inevitable in a day where high school players have stars put to alongside their name.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Well, FSU lost in the Bowden Bowl last night. Not suprising, Weatherford cant throw to save his life and the young defense can only do so much. I thought Jimbo Fisher would have done something to improve the offense more, but its looking worse than last season.

Hopefully, we still beat Miami and UF, but I'm doubting it.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I'm worried about my Hokies this year. It looks like the offensive line didn't improve a bit in the offseason. I fully expect them to get creamed by LSU this weekend unless Beamer pulls off a miracle in practice this week. Hopefully it will at least be low scoring. I'm not ready to give up on Sean Glennon yet since he's getting hurried and hit without really having a chance to make plays. I'm also seriously dissapointed in the lack of production in the running game (which is really easy for me to say sitting in front of a computer or sitting on my rear end watching the game.)

Of course no matter what happens, college football season is still the best time of the year!