Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I got my Holochess Board.....

... and man is it ever freakin' sweet. Those little holochess pieces are damn cool.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Does it have to be dark in the room for the holo pieces to show up when you play?

I am just curious, but for those that ordered this, are you gonna pose it with a Hasbro Chewie? They did one decent one - the Kb version was decent....

I passed on this cause for the life of me, I could not figure out what to possibly display it with!
    Real men buy Willrow

Quote Originally Posted by AmanaMatt View Post
    I passed on this cause for the life of me, I could not figure out what to possibly display it with!
    The receipt.

I'd put it with Han Bespin for now, maybe Hasbro's R2-D2 (the WM tools version). So, is it satisfyingly sized? I saw it at the cons and wasn't really sure about that aspect.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I just have it with the rst of my Sideshow figures. I'm sure they'll make some to go with it eventually. I like the KB Chewie but I don't mix the Hasbros with the Sideshows.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I'd put it with Han Bespin for now, maybe Hasbro's R2-D2 (the WM tools version). So, is it satisfyingly sized? I saw it at the cons and wasn't really sure about that aspect.
    Was this thing at CIV? If so, I totally put it out of my mind! Someday (in the year 2014ish or so) when SS finally does make a Chewie, I will totally regret having passed on this one!
    Real men buy Willrow

I remember it being at CIV in the display at their farthest upper left, across from the bronze Vader. But that was the Mechano-Chair, the holochess set was in the other 12" display in the lower left.

Yup, here it is: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/sho...22612&cat=5323
    With the Jabba's Palace setup, "of course?": http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/sho...22616&cat=5323
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT don't you remember the scene where Dengar plays Bossk in holochess for the right to die in the last available spot on Jabba's Sailbarge ?

You're correct JT, it was at ClV...

As for what to display it with...someone over at SSF came up with a good suggestion...display it with Old Ben and the training remote when he arrives...

Mine will be here monday....