Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

What major thresholds have you crossed since joining SSG?

I came to the realization that it's been over 8 years since I clicked on a search engine hit for "Star Wars collectibles" and signed up under a fake name. A lot's changed since I was a four-year old toddler then; well, maybe I was a tad older than that. What have you done in your life that's been significant, after your official joining here? I'll just let this get up to 1138 page worth of posts before I chime in.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

OOOOoooooooooooo, I like the idea behind this thread, BCJ!

I remember joining primarily to chat about the AOTC figures that were released that month. At the time, I had just quit the technical school I was attending that February as I wasn't getting my money's worth. At that point, I was accepted to Ohio University that was starting that September. So, I initially had about a seven month period of downtime for working, partying, geekery and whatnot. So, I attended OU from 2002-2005, where I graduated and I am now attending University of Toledo for my Master's Degree where i'm currently taking three courses and teaching two. So, yeah, I got my undergrad, in the middle of getting my Master's. I've attended many concerts, did some traveling, had about 1-2 failed relationships, watched a few hundred movies, thousands of great hours with friends and family (a good share while intoxicated hehehe) and blown thousands of dollars on figures. .....all while my Cubs haven't won a World series.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    OOOOoooooooooooo, I like the idea behind this thread, BCJ!

I remember joining primarily to chat about the AOTC figures that were released that month. At the time, I had just quit the technical school I was attending that February as I wasn't getting my money's worth. At that point, I was accepted to Ohio University that was starting that September. So, I initially had about a seven month period of downtime for working, partying, geekery and whatnot. So, I attended OU from 2002-2005, where I graduated and I am now attending University of Toledo for my Master's Degree where i'm currently taking three courses and teaching two. So, yeah, I got my undergrad, in the middle of getting my Master's. I've attended many concerts, did some traveling, had about 1-2 failed relationships, watched a few hundred movies, thousands of great hours with friends and family (a good share while intoxicated hehehe) and blown thousands of dollars on figures. .....all while my Cubs haven't won a World series.
    You forgot the best part to that story, meeting God (aka Lord Malakite).
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    You forgot the best part to that story, meeting God (aka Lord Malakite).
    I was thinking about including something like that minus the "God" term. My original idea was, "having two classes with Lord Malakite and got to hear him do voice impersonations for his poetry."
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Since then I've gotten engaged, gotten married, graduated college, started college again and had twins. Life's pretty sweet.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Probably joined SSG in late 1999. December maybe.

I've managed to stay with the same dude for 11 years.
    Helped train three guide dogs for the blind.
    Fired my entire blood relation family.
    Grown a lovely garden.
    Made a comfortable home.
    saved three people from suicide attempts.
    became teatotal
    discovered my achilles heel.
    learned to live with my failings.

wouldn't have it any other way.

Since joining (in April 2002 according to my profile - holy carp!!!!), I've watched AOTC and ROTS, had a second child (please note - these accomlishments are NOT in any order of significance, just worthy of me noting here), moved my whole family twice.... and purchased hundreds of pounds of plastic.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Joined: 8-16-2001 (actually before that, I joined just before they ditched the old forum)

Reason: The lively micromachine board looked very promising to complete my Trek MicroMachine collection, ended up having fun hanging out there and then wandered into the rest of the forum. Been haunting ever since.

Thresholds: Erm... well, saw the last of Star Wars in theaters, had my appendix removed, I've gone through basically my entire teenage life here from beginning to end 13/14-20 (now), turning 21 this December, I'm hoping to have my GED in a couple months (was homeschooled), met a great friend that really helped me with some holes in my collection and unfortunately lost him (VT). I'm sure theres a little more but it's the only stuff that comes to mind right now.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Time to join this party! I joined in May 1999, but I also have an August 2001 date due to the change-over that the Forums had then.

Thresholds:
    Got my B.S. degree in Social Science and my teaching credential (English, Social Science, Business Adminstration) after student teaching for a semester, then getting a full time position the following school year (where I've been the last 5 years).

Had the worst year of my life in '05 (despite seeing the close of the SW saga; that was one shining moment back then). I choose not to go into details, but it includes the terms telephone calls, accidents, meetings and letters, surgeries, kittens. (I use humor to cope now, but it's a serious deal)

Joined a local acting group, with a small role in Our Town and a part of its improv group.

Was chosen 12 times on sw.com's "Communication Disruption." :ego beheld:

And every day I accumulate adds to my career-high record!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Joined here in May 2002. Bought a house and moved out of my parents' house in November 2003.

Since it seems like I have been here a long time, it is sometimes interesting to note things that happened before I joined, or how other events in my life relate to Star Wars. 9/11 doesn't seem that long ago, but it was before I joined here. I started working at my current place of employment in October 1998. That was before Episode I and before I started collecting.