Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Forgot to mention that I passed a zero-in-the-ones-digit age threshold (check out my profile to see if you can guess at which one it is ) a few years back.

Decided that collecting SW did not require completeness, only interest and happiness.

Visited a doctor for the first time ever, who wasn't a dentist or on the day I popped out and into the world. Nothing serious, just felt it was necessary. ldandweak:

Have still held out against owning a cell phone or portable MP3/downloadable music player device.

Came to the realization that I'll probably remain single and not a father, uncle, or grandfather. (this might sound bad, but it's okay)

Voted in two presidential elections, and many other elections (there are more than just ones every four years, citizens).

In person, saw the Pittsburgh Pirates win a (actually saw three) regular season baseball game in which they won. Seriously.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Visited a doctor for the first time ever, who wasn't a dentist or on the day I popped out and into the world. Nothing serious, just felt it was necessary. ldandweak:
    I went to a doctor last year for the first time since a sports physical in 1992 I think. Same reason, just felt I was due for a checkup to make sure I wasn't dying or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    Have still held out against owning a cell phone or portable MP3/downloadable music player device.
    Ditto that here. Speaking of Dittos, Rush Limbaugh gave away ten iPhones, as well as the cost of the two year contract. Alas, I did not win, so I remain without such a device.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    Came to the realization that I'll probably remain single and not a father, uncle, or grandfather. (this might sound bad, but it's okay)
    I've been an uncle since age 10, and became a great-uncle nearly three years ago. However, I too have come to a similar realization about singledom and parenthood (actually the parenthood part I realized long ago).

Raised my GPA to get into grad school, again. Got some grants now too. Met my future wife. Got married. Moved 2 times. Had my 10th major surgery, first one above the knees. Been to two national parks. Re-established my relationship with my brother after 5 years of not speaking (although his divorce helped in that regard). Built my first set of book cases. Completed close to 100 custom figures. Stopped Collecting GI Joes. Sold off some of my Star Wars stuff to stream line it. Blogging.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

How long has SSG been around? I think I remember a lot of reading back in the POTF2 days, so I would have been around 12. I quit SW around mid POTJ up until about OTC. The new movies didnt really do it for me, but when I saw that VOTC Leia at Target I was hooked again and actually joined SSG.

At that time I had graduated high school, moved to Duluth with no job and started school. I had hopes and dreams of working in automotive repair and owning my own shop. After living here about 2 months my girlfriend of only 5 months total moved in with me. Neither of us worked that whole year

I graduated top in my class but I never followed through and ended up making pizzas for Papa Murphys. I thought this would be temporary.

Since then, I have attended TWO Star Wars Celebrations, completed a loose vintage collection, worked my way up to a regional manager, I am a proud JEEP owner, and I am engaged to the girlfriend who moved in after dating only 5 months. I have seen a personal hero perform live, one Roger Waters. I am looking to open my own Papas, and I have my first art opening 3 weeks from today.

Its been good. Tough, but good.
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

I went on and survived a Jack Daniel's bus trip that featured 14 hours of drinking Jack products.

um...

my profile says "februrary 2002" but that's not true... THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

well, i joined the old boards as "darth mall" but never posted. i then subsequently forgot my password (i was new to the interwebs then, and actually a bit of a technophobe) found this place again, and signed up as the darthvyn you all know and ignore.

let's see... since that time i've...

drank a lot of guinness.
    held a bunch of crappy jobs.
    gained some weight.
    got back together with an ex.
    broke up with said ex.
    lost some weight.
    fallen in "like" with a boss who subsequently moved to san francisco.
    went back to an old crappy job.
    fallen in love.
    moved to raliegh.
    gotten engaged.
    clawed my way out of the seventh level of retail hell.
    got a good job.
    gained some weight.
    gotten married.
    gained some weight.
    moved to upstate ny.
    gotten two even better jobs.
    moved to brooklyn.
    become a father.
    become fatter.
    quit one job and became full-time at the other.
    moved to upstate ny. again.

all that time i've started various web projects where i taught myself html, css, php/mysql, rss. i bought a LOT of comics and a fair amount of toys (which are less and less related to star wars with each passing moment... last SW figure i got was the mcquarrie boba fett. before that, possibly the SW clone wars animated figures!) and made a lot of good friends that i otherwise would never have met, if it weren't for a place called ssg.

next step: new house! (GAH!)
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

It says I joined SSG in December of 2002, when was Celebration II?

I ask that because I became a member of the 501st legion of Stormtroopers right before CII, and in fact CII was my second public appearance in my Stormtrooper armor. I belive CII was in April of 2002, just before Episode II, because I remember going to a bookstore and glancing through a picture book on Episode II seeing a photo of Anakin laying out with his arm sliced off. I closed the books not wanting to spoil any more of the movie for myself.

Since then though I have:

Driven from Illinois to Orlando Florida, and back 5 times to either pick up, or drop off my son.

Had my son come live with me. (he wanted to, and I wanted him too as well)

Was dumped by a girlfriend of three years.

Was re hired by Wal-Mart (is that a good thing?)

Met a girl online (this Saturday will be our one year anniversary)

Lost my mom to cancer

Lost both my grandparents on my dad's side of the family

Did three "Relay for Life" events (Thank you guys and gals here who donated)

Got engaged

Got Sole custody of my son (just a few weeks ago)

Went from working 72 + hours a week, to just 64+ hours a week

Partied with several Star Wars celebs (usual autograph circuit folks, but good people non the less)

Did lots of cool stuff as a Star Wars bad guy costumed character

Survived 53 hours of drivers training with my son.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

What a great thread. It's interesting to read the individual milestones that have gone on over the course over the better part of a decade.

I myself joined in May of 2000. I still remember the first post/thread I started titled "Rite Aid Treasure Chests" on the Micro Machines Forum on the old forums. It got 2 replies.

I was a sophmore in college when I joined. Some of the milestones, in order, that I can list:

a) 9/11/01 - I remember after finding out about the horrific news, I was at school, and went on this site to post my thoughts and feelings.

b) 5/02- Graduated with a B.A. in education

c) 7/03 Signed up for Piano Lessons - Took two years worth, before I had to stop (due to my full time job/post bachelor's career).

d) 10/03- Laser Eye Surgery to remedy my "legal" blindness.

e) 5/05 - Visiting some of you cool mo-fos at Celebration III in Indianaopolis.

f) 8/05 - After three years of itinerant teaching, I got hired full time.

g) Summer of 2007 - I fell in love.

Some upcoming highlights include Master's completion, tenure (hopefully ), and who knows what else in the coming year.

Also, I have lost three grandparents, an uncle, and two cherished pets during that time.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Silver!

Mrs. TI7 and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary today!

Good thing we got married at 6 years old!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Mrs. TI7 and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary today!

Good thing we got married at 6 years old!
    Conga-rats!
    Move along, move along