Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mrs. TI7 and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary today!
    Congrats!!! Ahhhh young love.

As for me, joined the old forums back in July(?) 1999! I stumbled upon this funny little site while searching for Star Wars stuff online.

Anyway, since then I...

1. Got married
    2. Had a daughter
    3. Traveled (Japan, Korea, Las Vegas...and more)
    4. Moved (Hawaii, Kentucky, Texas)
    5. Drove across the United States
    6. Deployed to Afghanistan
    7. Become a Platoon Sergeant
    8. Attended Star Wars Celebration III
    May the force be with you.

I remember going to SSG and seeing the very first pics of POTF2 greedo, death star gunner, etc. and wondering if this was Steve Sansweet because I think somewhere on the page it was mentioned as "could it be"?? Anyway, I didn't post though as I really didn't know about forums, I did alot of trading via usenet groups. I miss those days, those were fun times.

Joined officially Dec. 2001 but I couldn't tell you what made me do that all of a sudden?? I can't tell you all enough HOW glad I am I came here. Whether many of you know it or not, there have been moments in my life where this place and its members have been a real savior to my morale! On top of that, I consider many of you family. I can't count the times I read through threads and literally laughed to tears at some of the things you all come up with. So many of you have a great sense of humor and are witty beyond imagination and it makes for such a wonderful place to hang out

Since joining SSG, I've graduated with a BS, went back to get my Masters, have gotten deep into editing and research, will be working on a grant this summer for the CDCR through my school and looking into doctoral programs, most likely UCI and the one year anniversary of my Mom passing away is coming up on April 20th, which coincidently (or not) is my birthday. My star wars collection has grown in leaps and bounds and I've returned my focus, as BigB knows, to updating and finishing off my vintage collection from my kidhood.

I am not married (thank the maker) and I don't have kids (thank the maker). I always said as a youngling, I would never do either of those things...kids are smarter than we give them credit for I absolutely enjoy my life and I hope one day someone will come to me and say "here is the power to live forever" and I will gladly accept it
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Since joining my wife had our second child, a boy; we moved across the country and went back to school so I could get us into more school debt.....I mean finish my PhD; both of our great-grandmothers died; we own a home (just before the market tanked); and did a little traveling....this summer we'll take our first family vacation that doesn't involve visiting in-laws: Disneyland and the California beach!
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jargo View Post
    Probably joined SSG in late 1999. December maybe.

I've managed to stay living with the same dude for 12 years. Anniversary in June. (for gay guys 12 years is a lifetime. it's like 60 years of hetero marriage)
    Fired my entire blood relation family. Realising one doesn't need blood relatives after all and without them life is sweet.
    Saved three people from suicide attempts. Decided not to get involved again.
    Became teatotal for a time. Now realise i have control and can drink if I want to. stop when I want to. or not drink at all.
    Become adept at subcutaneous injection of medicinal solutions. And overcome my inate fear/phobia of sharp pointy things near myself.
    Made progress combating my dyscalculia. I can now count credit cards.
    Faced and dealt with the death of a beloved pet for the first time.
    Discovered that after all I'm not talented as a writer. Will never be published and should keep doing it for my own amusement only.
    Hit 40 and didn't turn into a bald fat guy with halitosis and heart disease. Realised I'm actually in pretty good shape compared to most people my age. Life doesn't begin again and instead just continues on the same and other people get really annoying in their insistance that being 40 means old and past it.
    Bought my first bong.
    Learned to walk without hunching my shoulders. or rather, gained the confidence to walk without hunching my shoulders and staring at the floor. Still can't look people in the eye but looking at their ears is close enough for me.
    Finally stopped trying to dance in nightclubs. Even spastics and thalidomides can dance better than me.
    Found the grey hair. found another. started counting. gave up counting and accepted that hair ages too. and i look cool with greying sideburns.

great post Jargo
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    Conga-rats!
    Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Congrats!!! Ahhhh young love.
    Thank you both, very much. It's been a breeze, because I've been blessed to be with such an awesome lady!

Looking forward to the next 25 (at least)!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Man, it's been maybe the longest ride for me (at this site) than nearly anyone.

In 1995 Al Gore invented the interenet and then everything changed.

Actually, I was "online" even earlier than that, as when I was only 18, I already knew I wanted to be elected to do public service and I was already working for San Diego's Representative in the United States Congress. As soon as I got to college, I set out to do things that very few others would be permitted to do. I wanted to be extraordinary, for certain. I wanted people to know my name in Washington. I strongly believed in myself and that people with the ability and drive to go for what they wanted, could get all that they wanted for themselves.

I believed in a meritocracy and couldn't wait to establish my experience. I was in competition with everyone that I knew, even everyone that I had never even met, or never yet even heard of. I had to climb to the top, I decided. (I'm a major Alpha-Type personality. I can't help this. I realize many don't like this type of person. But A-types are born to be who they are, just like everyone else has something in them that helps determine who they are.)

Before the internet, the CRS (Congressional Research Service) was already online (and still is) and is the way our government shares semi-classified and unclassified information in its internal computer system. All Congressional staff were trained to use it. It's basically the government's version of Google. It's actually the linkage of computers into a system of joined servers, that Al Gore takes credit for researching, being one of many to propose, and fervently back, which is why people joke that he claims to have "invented the internet." He was one of many instrumental players that actually did make it happen. I was privy to some of that when I was working for the government and kept up to date on the efforts.

Meanwhile, I wanted to spend my entire life quietly accumulating power to create social justice (effectively do social work, like by ending homelessness, collectively getting everyone's help at eliminating poverty, illiteracy, social-lliteracy (which is something different) and otherwise gaining most people's trust to run their lives. I dreamt of becoming the American version of Fidel Castro or Hugo Chavez, maybe more like Joseph Stalin, without it being necessary to kill my fellow Americans.) Yes, since I was a kid I dreamt of even doing my military service and everything it took, to establish my merits for becoming the left-wing dictator I always dreamt I could be.

Honestly, I BELIEVE I could be better at running YOUR life than you are.

No, I'm not really trying to exaggerate or be funny. I'm not mean either. I find I am sentimental and strongly care about others and I want to help them. But I am also definitely an ego-maniac with a superiority complex stemming from some tested factors my parents had "experts" determine about me since I was very young, and some social isolation issues that leant to my being an objective, outside observer / analyst of many people from all walks to life. Translated, I had insights and abilities that set me aside from others and made me "different." I learned to hide a lot of that so I could socialize more normally without everyone thinking I was analyzing them and seeing the things they wanted to keep private about themselves, but I saw them. I saw through adults as well as my peers, other children, etc. By admitting this, I know it makes more people close themselves off to me, as they don't like to be analyzed.

You know all my "False-this-or that" theories? This is part of what I mean.

After years of hiding my thoughts and opinions, and also benefitting from "hiding behind a screen-name, and Tycho's 'false-persona," as well as masking who I was and what I really thought to climb the ladder in politics (I was elected to non-partisan office with a majority of my supporters NOT KNOWING if I was a Democrat or Republican - no joke) I grew so tired of not being able to say what I really felt, what insight I really attained.

That's why I started calling things like they are and I found an outlet for my opinions "on the web" under the guise of this "Tycho character" I invented.

"Tycho" came about largely because I was ashamed to be just starting college and attracted to Star Wars enough to want to be a huge participant here - on a site that worships toys for 4-year-olds - while trying to establish a professional life out in the real world. I thought that publically displaying I enjoyed a fantasy-life would be a bad idea and one that would lower people's respect and confidence in me, if they knew I played at being dictator with my little plastic "army men" at home. But I zealously wanted to set out to prop up the importance of the Expanded Universe with my novel and comics reviews, so I could strengthen this fiction-cult-following. Of course, even then I wanted to be an author of Star Wars fiction. I'd always wanted that since I was a kid, inventing my own elaborately complex stories I acted out with my KENNER action figures back in the vintage days.

I was always certain I could bring a New Order about in both the fictional and the real universe. The former was just really easier to handle since 102 action figures were easier to handle than 650 million real people.

I'll continue this later, because long posts discourage people from reading.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic View Post
    I remember going to SSG and seeing the very first pics of POTF2 greedo, death star gunner, etc. and wondering if this was Steve Sansweet because I think somewhere on the page it was mentioned as "could it be"?? Anyway, I didn't post though as I really didn't know about forums, I did alot of trading via usenet groups. I miss those days, those were fun times.
    I was much the same way. I thought this was a site by Steve Sansweet, wasn't even sure what the forums were, and since I hadn't signed on at the time, didn't really read anything but what was on the home page.

Joined officially Dec. 2001 but I couldn't tell you what made me do that all of a sudden?? I can't tell you all enough HOW glad I am I came here. Whether many of you know it or not, there have been moments in my life where this place and its members have been a real savior to my morale! On top of that, I consider many of you family. I can't count the times I read through threads and literally laughed to tears at some of the things you all come up with. So many of you have a great sense of humor and are witty beyond imagination and it makes for such a wonderful place to hang out
    Don't exactly remember my sign on date, but I have found a community much like the 501st legion, where we can discuss Star Wars, but also have a variety of other topics, I mean after all we aren't just droids programmed to just enjoy, or not enjoy Star Wars and the crazy little toys that keep being produced.

Since joining SSG, I've graduated with a BS, went back to get my Masters, have gotten deep into editing and research, will be working on a grant this summer for the CDCR through my school and looking into doctoral programs, most likely UCI and the one year anniversary of my Mom passing away is coming up on April 20th, which coincidently (or not) is my birthday. My star wars collection has grown in leaps and bounds and I've returned my focus, as BigB knows, to updating and finishing off my vintage collection from my kidhood.
    My mom passed 4 days after my birthday in 2005. It hasn't gotten easier, well I guess a little easier to accept that she is gone, but I sure miss her whenever I hear a John Denver or a Willie Nelson, or a Linda Rondstat song, or pass by places where happy memories were made.

I am not married (thank the maker) and I don't have kids (thank the maker). I always said as a youngling, I would never do either of those things...kids are smarter than we give them credit for I absolutely enjoy my life and I hope one day someone will come to me and say "here is the power to live forever" and I will gladly accept it

I am getting married, but the thing my fiance keeps telling me is that my Star wars collection will become our Star Wars collection, which has me reconsidering this whole marriage thing. I'm just go8ing to have to get myself a secret storage area, and slowly move my collection there until it is all safe, and hopefully she won't notice

I have a son who I wouldn't trade for the world. Sometimes I want to kick him in the butt for his slacker attitude.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

My information says I joined in August of 2003, but that seems off to me.

I first came to this site when I saw pictures of the Jabba/Ronto/Dewback wave and I thought, "How is this guy getting these pictures?"

I remember lurking here for a long time before I joined.