Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The New TV Season

I just got the Entertainment Weekly Fall TV Preview issue. Here are some shows that interest me.

Monday
    8pm NBC - Chuck. It is listed as a comedy. EW's description: "A computer nerd gets sucked into spydom when all of America's secret intelligence is downloaded into his brain." Sounds like a similar idead to Jake 2.0, but perhaps this will do better than that show. It premieres September 24. However, it is on at the same time as Prison Break, which has its season premiere a week earlier.

9pm NBC - Heroes - Returns on September 24 as well.

10pm NBC - Journeyman - "A San Franciscan who keeps geting swept back in time–when he was ingaged to a woman who mysteriously died. Or did she?" Also premieres on September 24.

Tuesday
    8pm FOX - Bones - This show returns on September 25 on its new day.

8pm CW - Reaper - Not sure if I will watch this "devilishly funny dark fantasy about a lovable slacker named Sam forced by the Devil himself to capture superbad, super-powerful, and super-freaky souls who've escaped from an increasingly crowded underworld." If not, maybe I will start watching House, or just not watch anything at all. Both premiere on September 25.

Wednesday
    8pm ABC - Pushing Daisies - "Young pie-maker Ned can bring the dead back to life with a touch–and send them right back to the grave with a second one." Premieres October 3.

8pm FOX - Back to You - This is on the same time as Pushing Daisies, but since this premieres September 19, I might consider checking this out. It has a lot of star power with Kelsey Grammer, Patricia Heaton and Fred Willard, with creators Christopher Lloyd and Steven Levitan, and director James Burrows. However, I just haven't been watching sitcoms in recent years.

9pm NBC - Bionic Woman - Update of the 1970's series. Premieres September 26.

Thursday
    8pm CW - Smallville - I guess Supergirl will be on the show this year. Returns September 27.

8pm NBC - 30 Rock - I only saw the first episode last year due to it being on the same time as too many other things. Not sure if I will bother to record it this year. Returns October 4.

8pm ABC - Ugly Betty - Ditto what I said about 30 Rock. However, I can only record one, and I'd rather watch a half hour show on tape, plus it would probably be harder to get back into this show. So, I won't be watching this one. Returns September 27.

9pm CW - Supernatural - The Winchester boys will be hunting stuff again on October 4.

Friday
    8pm CBS - Ghost Whisperer - Jennifer Love Hewitt will resume talking to dead people on September 28.

10pm CBS - Numb3rs - Math genius helps his FBI brother solve crimes. Returns on September 28.

10pm ABC - Men In Trees - I started watching this show last year when it was in the slot between Ghost Whisperer and Numb3rs, but then they moved it to Thursday and took it off the air. I probably won't bother with it this year since I'd have to record it anyway. Returns October 12.

Saturday

They don't show new stuff on Saturday anymore. Just Cops and reruns.

Sunday
    I stopped watching Simpsons and King of the Hill years ago, and never cared for Family Guy. Not that I dislike Simpsons and King of the Hill. I have been buying all the Simpsons DVD's, but still haven't watched them yet either.

So, what is everyone else watching?

8pm CW - Reaper - Not sure if I will watch this "devilishly funny dark fantasy about a lovable slacker named Sam forced by the Devil himself to capture superbad, super-powerful, and super-freaky souls who've escaped from an increasingly crowded underworld." If not, maybe I will start watching House, or just not watch anything at all. Both premiere on September 25.
    Reminds me of Brimstone. Where a cop who's murdered goes to hell for killing the criminal who raped his wife. But will get a second shot at life playing the Devil's Bounty Hunter and recapturing the 113 escaped souls from hell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brimstone_(TV_series)

The Ultimate Fighter 6 premieres on Sept. 19th on Spike. Former UFC Champion Matt Hughes squares off against Current UFC Champion Matt Serra. Both are coaching teams of up-and-coming fighters who are competing for one UFC Welterweight contract. After the show aires Hughes and Serra will then fight for the UFC Welterweight title on December 29th. That and Heroes are about all I plan to watch this season.

I will be watching the following:

Heroes
    Heores: Origins(starts mid season probably during a Hiatus)
    24(midseason)
    Scrubs
    Family Guy

I will give Bionic Woman a chance, but havent read many good things about it, so it will probably be a realy good show. Other than that, I dont watch much TV sans sports.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

This year's new TV setup looks like crap.

Stuff I'll be watching this season:
    24 (mid season)
    Jericho (mid season)
    Simpsons
    Family Guy
    The Office
    My Name is Earl
    Scrubs
    30 Rock
    Heroes & Heroes: Origins
    Smallville

Yeah, probably nothing new. I thought "Chuck" was supposd to be a comedy about retail, but the description sounds really odd.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Yeah, probably nothing new. I thought "Chuck" was supposd to be a comedy about retail, but the description sounds really odd.
    Well, the preview does show him working for the "Nerd Herd". Probably something like Best Buy's "Geek Squad".

Looks like Curb Your Enthusiasm, Good Eats, and Family Guy for me again this year. I don't watch much TV, especially in recent years.

Alton Brown could singlehandedly take on all the so-called Heroes.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and the NFL are the only mandatory views for me...and Family Guy sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Reminds me of Brimstone. Where a cop who's murdered goes to hell for killing the criminal who raped his wife. But will get a second shot at life playing the Devil's Bounty Hunter and recapturing the 113 escaped souls from hell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brimstone_(TV_series)
    You too Beast? I think the biggest contrast between Brimstone and Reaper will come from the writing approach in genre. Brimstone went with a somewhat realistic philosophical/psychological dark drama writing approach. Reaper on the other hand appears to be going for a superhero/comic book light comedy writing appoach.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection