Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bespin Darth Vader News

Greetings,
    Over at Rebelscum they have a link to a german star wars website with a picture of the upcoming Darth Vader: Bespin. Looks like they decided to pack in some accessories with the classic figures as well. Hopefully the Luke Skywalker:Bespin will include the part that luke stands on and they will connect. Neat classic figure. Nice to see that like was rumored, AOTC's figures arn't the only thing we'll see after April 23rd.

Link to Rebelscum
    Link to German Star Wars Page

The news from the German site Translated:
    Ingeniously new Darth Vader figure [ AOTC packing ]
    After most of you see only AOTC figures, here once a picture of an ingenious new publication of the Classic series. It will give a Darth Vader Bespin figure, which is to be contained also in base figures the assortment to 2002 in April. This figure appeared to GEMEINSAM in the famous ' I AM YOUR FATHER..........' As accessories will be attached to the figure of sections of the railing of the cloud city.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Image of the Darth Vader:Bespin Gantry Figure:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	darth-bespin.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	638  
    Last edited by Beast; 02-09-2002 at 02:25 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Looks a little bare, but still rather cool looking, not much you can with Vader now I guess. The railings accessories are pretty cool, I just hope he doesn't have lightsaber chop action.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Welp, I have ET turned on and they showed the Toy Fair clip, The Vader is at Toy Fair. I should've taped the clip. But from what I could make out it's the Vader figure alright. There was also some weird figure, it looked E2 and it looked like it was deluxe but it was a window box, but a carded version. Maybe it was a vehicle. *shrugs* Interesing SW display they have there to say the least.

I still think it's not fair the little pepsi girl got to go there. She even got to play with the stuff!

The R2 unit there was an intereactive R2 unit, RS is listing it at $100 (not sure if SSG listed it, I don't check the main page) but it looks like the same size of the Mindstorm LEGO R2, which isn't very big...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Vader looks good, if they released a battle-damaged Bespin Luke with the thing he stands on, I'd snap them both up.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

I won't buy the Bespin Darth Vader unless I get a new Bespin Luke:happy:
    Thanks To Hango Fett/Jedi Tricks for the Avatar!

WoW! Another Darth Vader, we just got the 25th anniversary Vader. Enough already, make characters that have never been in plastic before. There is a entire list of characters I would buy, but not another resculpt.

All these last Vaders, except the 25th, have been new. This is much better than the blaster-deflect accessory. We know there's a new Bespin Luke sculpt, and the two together, with this mini-scene, will look great.

Any great new figures/sculpts from the cantina or from TESB are definately desired.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Don't worry, they showed the Luke:Bespin (Battle Damage) at the german toy fair as well, but they didnt get any pictures of it. I expect both of them to street at the same time. I think they will be on display at the New York Toy Fair also. So have no fear, Hasbro won't disapoint in this case.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

You mean this Bespin Luke, don't you?

Name:	bluke.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	639  

Righteo.

I'm just happy that we're not getting this:

Name:	bvader.jpg 
Views:	731 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	640  
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.