Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Zepplin Reuniting

Can't believe no one's put this up yet. Led Zeppelin, or Plant, Page and Jones since they're all that's left, will be reuniting for a one night benefit type concert. Too bad it's way out of my price range and geography. Curse the Brits and their supergroup reunions...first Cream and now this.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

If Page and Plant hadn't gotten together at least five times since the group broke up, and if the whole shebang hadn't played together on a few special occasions, this might hold a lot more import to me.

They'll do a tour, and the obligatory live album, then part ways to go back to their lackluster solo careers. And re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-read The Lord of the Rings.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Curse the Brits and their supergroup reunions...first Cream and now this.
    Like the Cream reunion, I hope we get to see this on PBS.
    It would be nice to see John Paul Jones in action again on bass and keyboards. He was left out of the Page-Plant thing last time.

Zeppelin

the one-off could be followed by a full tour, which would be nice. These guys have had a way of staying relevant with the younger set that a great many older artists do not. Perhaps it is their status as progenitors of heavy metal.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Who is gonna work the skins, Lil' Bonham again ?
    Yes, Jason will drum. I think this is pretty cool. There's go way on earth I could go, by watching it on TV would be fine by me. Doubt they would do a full tour or anything like that.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I heard they are only doing 5 shows, all in the UK. Greedy Brits. They send Genesis through North America and keep the mighty Zeppelin to themselves.

Here is an article on the reunion (since Newsbot doesn't cover this section)
    LONDON (AFP) - About 20 million fans have tried to get tickets for Led Zeppelin's one-off comeback concert, a spokesman for the gig said Thursday.
    ADVERTISEMENT

The rock legends are reforming for a tribute concert at London's O2 Arena on November 26. The former Millennium Dome venue in Greenwich can hold up to 20,000 people.

The three surviving members of the hard-rocking British band are to play together for the first time in 19 years in tribute to Ahmet Ertegun, the late founder of the Atlantic Records label, who signed the group in 1968.

About 80,000 fans per minute are trying to register for tickets at the www.ahmettribute.com website, said Internet service provider Pipex.

Demand for the 125-pound tickets also crashed the O2 Arena website.

"The message is to be patient. The website will be open until midday on September 17 for anyone wanting to register," said a spokesman for the concert.

"It is not 'first come, first served' and all successful applicants will be entered into the ballot for tickets to be drawn at random."

Led Zeppelin split in 1980 following the death of drummer John Bonham, who famously choked on his own vomit following a drinking binge.

Singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones, with Bonham's son Jason on drums, will headline the gig.

The Who's Pete Townshend, Bill Wyman and the Rhythm Kings, rock band Foreigner and Paolo Nutini will also play at the tribute from British artists who worked with Istanbul-born Ertegun.

Since Bonham's death, the remaining three have reunited only twice before, to play the 1985 Live Aid concert in Philadelphia and an Atlantic Records anniversary gig in 1988.

Led Zeppelin have sold more than 300 million albums worldwide.

The band were not keen on releasing singles, but their best-known songs include "Stairway to Heaven", "Kashmir", "Whole Lotta Love", "Rock 'n' Roll", "Nobody's Fault but Mine" and "Communication Breakdown".
    Last edited by Rogue II; 09-14-2007 at 12:39 AM. Reason: added article
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

This will be a ticket scalper's paradise.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

It would be a real kick in the nuts if they only reunited to do material from their last two albums.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram