Lightbulb McQuarrie Autographs!

No, I don't have any. I've never been "into" autographs myself. Never really understood the appeal of having an autograph, unless it was a special "set" of them, say, like a full set of Presidential Autographs of all the US Presidents. Now THAT would be impressive!

But anyway, I just got to thinking about how inherently COOL it would be to have a full set of McQuarrie Concept Figures autographed by the man himself. Then I wondered if A) he was getting a full set of the figures from Hasbro and B) what he thought of seeing his conceptual work turned into 3D versions by Hasbro and other companies.

Just wonderin'.

Each one is already autographed by him personally.

I was able to get an autographed McQuarrie item at CIV, the "Art of Ralph McQuarrie" booth had some Action Fleet Flight Controller Vader sets for $10 with McQ's actual signature on the front, needless to say when I saw them I squealed and bought one. (McQ did a lot of artwork for Galoob's SW line, including the box on the aforementioned set.) His autograph shows signs of his Parkinsons but is still quite legible and VERY similar to the one on the Hasbro card design.

I can't imagine Hasbro not giving him a full set.

They talked about McQ's thoughts on the line at the CIV "Art of McQuarrie" panel which I attended. The short version was that he liked the idea, his favorite was the Boba Fett, and he wouldn't wish the job of translating 2-dimensional artworks into 3-dimensional items on anybody.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    when I saw them I squealed
    Do you have an MP3 of that available?

Sorry, only proprietary formats available.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

A couple years back I sent a pic from the Insider and a SASE and got it back signed...definitely showed the same signs that JT described, which makes it even cooler that he would take the time to sign in his older age and health.

I have three framed lithos(1 from each OT) plus light-up film cell signed by McQ. I remember there were more than one from each film...I don't remember where I bought them from...might have been QVC.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I recieved some concept art cards signed by Ralph this last year.

Unfortunatly Ralph has stopped signing due to health issues. Very sad too -such a gifted man.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post
    I recieved some concept art cards signed by Ralph this last year.

Unfortunatly Ralph has stopped signing due to health issues. Very sad too -such a gifted man.
    I would love to get his autograph....too bad he is not signing due to health anymore. Hopefully he will be with us for many more years to come! I wish him the best.
    Real men buy Willrow