Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Let me look on you with my own eyes..."

What exactly is holding Vader up? He is sitting at the base of the Shuttle ramp, but he is upright as Luke removes the helmet. After he dies, he slumps back and lays dead on the ramp. So as he is talking with Luke, what is holding the wounded weak old man up? Please don't say "The Force."

We might not say, "The Force", but can we type it?

In answer to your question, I have no idea. Is he being propped up by George Lucas' money making machine?

maybe one of lukes legs is under his upper back, and vader is holding his head up.

He was being propped up with the assurance that his impending spirit would appear as his younger self and not the old man he never would become.

And he doesn't know that those are really bionic eyes.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It was the excrement that was being stored in his suit. Luke unleashed it when he removed the helmet.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Luke unleashed it when he removed the helmet.
    It was better than the Unleashed where he's got that green lightsaber arc around him.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid View Post
    What exactly is holding Vader up? He is sitting at the base of the Shuttle ramp, but he is upright as Luke removes the helmet. After he dies, he slumps back and lays dead on the ramp. So as he is talking with Luke, what is holding the wounded weak old man up? Please don't say "The Force."
    The same thing that is holding up that rope (or whatever it is) that Luke and Leia Swing from the sailbarge to the skiff. Never could figure out what that was.

-T

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    And he doesn't know that those are really bionic eyes.
    Actually, in the original version of the script, the line was:

"Let me look on you with my own eyes. They're in a pouch in my back pocket, if you could pull those out for me it would be fantastic."