Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Saga Legends Sandtrooper

Okay, I have not done my research on the variations for the current carded Sandtrooper figure. So far I've found orange pauldron, grey pauldron, and white pauldron versions. Are those the only ones, or is there also a black pauldron version circulating?

I know many here were not particularly enthused about the Sandtrooper's inclusion in Legends, but I have to say it is nice to see such a great figure on the shelves... the Sandie has always been one of my favorites.

I think the black pauldron was released in large numbers for the Saga2 line, so I'm not sure if it will be included in the Legends line.

This would be a great figure, in theory, if I could find one with a reasonably acceptable paint job.

So far, just the three versions have hit, the orange, white and grey - black is coming within the legends line up AND THEN they are switching the bodies and will use the evolutions one - for which pauldrons, no one knows.

So far, I have not see the clean white one - the one I want most! Hopefully soon!
    Real men buy Willrow

Quote Originally Posted by AmanaMatt View Post
    So far, I have not see the clean white one - the one I want most! Hopefully soon!
    Same here. I have the orange pauldron version with orangish sand stains, and the grey pauldron version with the muddier look to him. I haven't seen the clean black pauldron or clean white pauldron versions yet. RS shows one other version there but no page on it yet.

They really overdid the "dirty" paint on these guys from what I've seen.

However, I picked up one of the orange-pauldron troopers, mainly for the pauldron.

I've been kitbashing the "perfect" Sandtrooper figure for the last two years now:
    1. Evolutions head (first release)
    2. Saga2 body (the early versions didn't overdo the paint applications)
    3. Saga Legends orange-pauldron (I know the Evolutions figure had an orange-pauldron, but I want one with the pockets )

So now he's complete, my "perfect" Sandtrooper figure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sandytroop.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	16177  

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post

However, I picked up one of the orange-pauldron troopers, mainly for the pauldron.

I've been kitbashing the "perfect" Sandtrooper figure for the last two years now:
    3. Saga Legends orange-pauldron (I know the Evolutions figure had an orange-pauldron, but I want one with the pockets )

How is it his shins are dirty but his feet are clean?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    How is it his shins are dirty but his feet are clean?
    He changed his boots for the photo?

Actually they all seem to be like that.

was able to get all 3 version of this guy. got two of each version except for the all white trooper.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post

great custom work. was thinking of doing something like this but wanted to make a custom sandtrooper / clone with the Jango head and AOTC clone or ROTS Clone helmet.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    great custom work. was thinking of doing something like this but wanted to make a custom sandtrooper / clone with the Jango head and AOTC clone or ROTS Clone helmet.
    Thanks, I'm still going to keep my eyes open for those "clean" Saga Legends Sandtroopers and I might just do a whole body swap and add my own "dirt" later on. The Tantive IV Stormtroopers have the best helmet paint jobs I've seen in a Stormtrooper figure, so one of their heads might get transplanted on. Then I just have to find a way to swap out the utility belt. The Evolutions' belt pops right off, but the VOTC belt has to be cut off. The Evolutions belt won't fit around the VOTC body completely, so I'm considering just gluing it into place, since it's really not supposed to move anyway.

The Evolutions body would be perfect if it just had the ball-socket torso and not such a wide leg stance.

Did anyone else know that the reference photo for the Saga Legends Sandtrooper is actually one of the 501st guys in fan made armor?