Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

I can't stop going back and looking! That playset is so incredibly awsome looking. Where am I going to put all of this stuff? The Endor troops look so sweet. We actually get two varients? Su-Weet! I can't stop drooling...

Some of it looks pretty sweet, like the playset the Endor troopers and the royal guard, Dooku, and Han and Chewie look great. But good lord, what did they do to Jar Jar? I thought we were gonna get him in his Senator outfit, and he's in some different outfit and in a fighting action pose. What the hell, does Jar Jar lead one of the squads of the Clonetroopers?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

This leads to more questions:

Why are we getting another Han and Chewie, and what is that in Han's hand?

What IS up with Jar Jar?

How much is that huge playset going to be, and where am I going to put it?

What's up with the Endor Troopers uniforms? Is that some EU thing?

Orn Free Ta looks pretty cool, don't you think?

What music do you think the Clone Commander is dancing to?
    Last edited by Fulit; 02-10-2002 at 01:44 PM.

That is a charge in Han's hand. The ones that he uses in Return of the Jedi to blow up the Endor base

Originally posted by Fulit
    This leads to more questions:
    Why are we getting another Han and Chewie, and what is that in Han's hand?
    What IS up with Jar Jar?
    How much is that huge playset going to be, and where am I going to put it?
    What's up with the Endor Troopers uniforms? Is that some EU thing?
    Orn Free Ta looks pretty cool, don't you think?
    Why not another Han and Chewie, both are versions people have been asking for. That's Han Solo Endor and what's in his hand is one of the lil explosives, like came with the 12" figure. I bet he will have a cloth duster. The Chewie is a new Bespin version, with the destroyed C-3PO and cargo net.

Don't ask me whats up with Jar Jar, that pose makes zero sense unless like I said he leads one of the clonetrooper squads into battle. Either way, I bet alot of people will actually ask for a JJB resculpt this time.

The playset has a MSRP of 39.99. Not to bad for a nice sized playset like this. Definatly will buy this one to display my action posed Jedi's in.

Nah, not EU. It's like what they did with the Bespin Guard I believe, sculpted it with his jacket open. It's not as movie accurate, cause I don't remember them ever opening their jackets until maybe at the ewok celebration, but it still looks ok.

I agree, Orn Fre Taa looks great. I was hoping that the Jar Jar Figure would look good standing next to him, in a neutral pose meeting with Chancellor Palpatine. To bad they decided to pose him in a combat stance. That ticks me off more then the action posed Jedi's.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Holy crap!! a playset, and a freaking cool one too!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!!
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

Pros:

* 12" and 3" Dooku looks really good

* C-3PO looks much better

* Improved Royal Guard

* Playset includes energy binds that held Obi-Wan (seen in all three trailers)

Cons:

* Jar Jar w/ rehashed electropole that he never uses

* Orn Free Taa w/ rehashed cam droid that he never uses

* Mace 3" has a terrible face

* Yoda Deluxe is worse than the Ep1 version, shouldn't be deluxe, and is one-pose

* Geonosian and Yoda color scheme don't match CGI model

?'s

Is the Droid (Arena) the Battle Droid in the Arena Playset with the large gun?
    Last edited by Lord Tenebrous; 02-10-2002 at 02:27 PM.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

THUNK!!!

Thats the sound of my jaw hitting the floor. Its high times we're living bros. Sure there are a few stinkers in there but they are not the finished product. A few are probably painted prototypes. Once we get it in the package, I'm sure that they will look even better. Good times ahead!!
    "pork is not a verb"

Yakface has pics up also, including some not shown yet at the other site. Including E1 Qui-Gon, Luminaria, and what they are calling Palpatine's assistance, but it's actually someone from the ANH cantina. I think his name is Djas Puhr? I need to dig out my cards again for all the names. Warning, the images are huge and take along time to load.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks