ARC-170 paint variant?

I picked up another green ARC-170 because it looked more gray than green and I thought it was a different re-paint but after getting home and comparing it to my other green one, it has the same packaging but it is clearly a paint variation.
    The green paint is a darker shade, and the the most noticable thing was the "weathering" all over.

Brent
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM000403.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	16178   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM000401.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	16179   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM000402.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	16180  

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    Titanium is codeword for Repaint city.
    Except that every other re-paint from this series has had a different UPC code, Assortment number and Item number than it's previous release(s). This one doesn't.

Brent

I have noticed this paint variation too...

In fact, I have 3 Green Arc's- one "Clean," one "Dirty" with the Black Detailing Paint, and a strange hybrid (which has to be a mistake in the run) that has 1/2 painted white on the main fuselage but fully painted green symbols (it looks like it's seen a few battles- very cool )

I tried to list a variant like this with Episode 3 Amidala's Naboo Star Skiff (Flying Wing Starship from Mustafar) but I was shot down...there is definitely a "Clean" version and a "Dirty" version of this ship too, but JT argued that both ships had the paint but one was lighter than the other.

In actuality, they don't but I did not want to argue the point.

Now that someone else has found the Arc-170 "fluke" besides me I'll list 2 versions on the big list

Good find!

Unfortunately the pictures kind of mask the differences some, and make them look more alike than they do in person. In person the differences are much more obvious.
    I'm still not convinced that it was an intentional production change or anything like that but they are different enough for me to keep both of them for the display case.

Warstar - I remember your post about the Star Skiff and I agreed that one did look a little "dirtier" that the other from your pictures. If your camera had the same effect as mine did on these, I'll bet it was more pronounced in person as well.

Brent

Quote Originally Posted by ascmclarencoupe View Post
    Except that every other re-paint from this series has had a different UPC code, Assortment number and Item number than it's previous release(s). This one doesn't.

Brent
    One way or another it's still a repaint. All Hasbro does is repaint sh-t now.

The difference is VERY obvious in person, that's for sure. In your picture of the two side by side the most obvious "tell" is both ship's top left wings (right side of the package) One has a nice black splotch while the other does not.

You just reminded me, though- I gotta go buy a "dirty" one to open!

Off to Wal-Mart