Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M*a*s*h

M*a*s*h

I've always wondered who does the voice on the loudspeaker... you know, the guy who announces that there are wounded on the way. Is that guy ever mentioned by name or seen on screen? And who is the Actor?

If we can believe Wikipedia there were two actors:

Sal Viscuso and Todd Susman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M*A*S*H_(TV_series)
    (Look under the "Trivia" section).
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I'm a huge fan of the show, and was always disappointed we never got to see him on-camera. Even on the reunion show he wasn't talked about.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Great point, stillakid. I always thought that was an oddity in the show. We saw Radar, and later Klinger, make the announcements whenever they were in the company clerk's office. There were many scenes that showed them make those announcements. But out in the compound you'd hear that mystery voice. Hawkeye, Trapper, and B.J. always had such clever things to say. You think they'd be friends with that voice that always said such witty things.

We also saw Larry Hama, who was essentially responsible for creating the GIJoe: A Real American Hero line.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I've been watching episodes on TVLand lately. In fact, at this very moment is an episode I don't ever remember seeing. Odd. This one is set entirely in Rosie's Bar.

That was a great one Still...they all just sat there and got wasted right? The more that came in, the more that stayed and drank.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I'm still a huge M*A*S*H fan, every now and then I'll see an episode that I don't ever remembe seeing before. I'm suprised the Ox hasn't posted in this thread yet, she's a big fan as well.

Have you ever noticed that the timeline in M*A*S*H just doesn't match up? In one of the early seasons, they date the episode as 1952 with Henry Blake, then several seasons later, one episode with Colonel Potter covers New Year's Eve 1950 thru New Year's Eve 1951.

But of course, what do you expect from a show that spends 11 years writing stories about a 3 year war?

Don't get me wrong, though, M*A*S*H is easily my favorite "sitcom" of all time.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I'm still a huge M*A*S*H fan, every now and then I'll see an episode that I don't ever remembe seeing before. I'm suprised the Ox hasn't posted in this thread yet, she's a big fan as well.
    Oops, here I am. Wow JimJam, it's been awhile, but I remember us discussing the box set, which is FANTASTIC! I literally watch M*A*S*H everyday!

My all time fav is Alcoholics Unanimous, season three, where Frank outlaws alcohol and Hot lips, trapper and hawkeye get plastered...so good!

I just met Alan Alda and MIke Ferrel last month at the los angeles library, they did a sit down talk session for about an hour and signed their books, it was GREAT!

I LOVE M*A*S*H!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!