Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I still can't see any smoke from Arrowhead, despite being relatively close. Maybe it's because this damned wind is blowing it away?
    It must all be hanging around where we are, as the brown-orange cloud has just settled on the mountains here. Almost no winds at all, which is good for fighting the fires. Tough to breathe; guess I'll have to cancel my marathon training this week. I know I'll be cleaning out the ashes for a while, but that's better than having nothing to clean out at all. Prayers and thoughts to those in more danger.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I thought that was the smoke from the north.
    I think it's from both sides now. It's gonna be a pretty sunset. Pretty orange that is.

My son's football practice was canceled because of the smoke in the air now.

Yeah, in Hollywood, the horizon was orange from every direction, it's circling the LA basin, the sun and moon were both orange.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My uncle lives in La Mesa, and it looks like he is about 8-10 miles from an exacuation zone.

But I saw that on Fox News......
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Chux, being near Arrowhead, have you been evacuated? I heard that area was mandatory as of last night.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I say "relatively close" even though it's more like 30 miles away. It just seems like it should be close enough to see smoke, which I still see none of. A slight haze to the west, but nothing really that out of the ordinary.

My wife works in Yucaipa, about 10 miles to the west of here. They're closing down the schools there for the rest of the week because the air quality is so bad there.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Ah, ok, that's good to hear (relatively, it'd be better if there were no fires at all of course).

With the winds being fairly negligible now, that's helped a lot in the extinguishing process, but the air is quite bad. Thankfully not much of an ash or dust problem anymore, but the smoky air is just hanging around. Our school's doing a relief items effort, so help out in any ways you can, or ask for what you need!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

It's raining here today. It's cleaning out the crud (read: smoke and ash) in the air here locally. I'm hoping the weather is having a dramatic effect on the efforts south of me and giving my fellow Californios a break.

The rain is courtesy of tropical storm Kiko, coming up from Mexico. This is one boarder crossing that is quite welcomed!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Eight months later and here we are again in the Great State of Shake N Bake!

I'm really tired of the brown skies and orange sun. Not to mention it's hard to breathe. It sucks having all the smoke from the fires up north travel south and pile up against the mountains that surround me. It's like living in a bowl of smoke!

Yeeesh! How about a break, already!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!