Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    What area are you in TeeEye?

BTW, what does "TeeEye7" mean in your screen name?

To be forthcoming, I'm in San Diego of course, and Tycho is for Tycho Celchu - the one and same who's action figure I'm using as my avatar. I chose "Tycho" 13 years ago when I felt that maybe I wanted some anonymity online rather than admit to anyone who googled me by my real name that I'd never outgrown buying thousands of little plastic toys for 4 year olds, and took novels and comic books about such topics to be my idea of "literature."
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    What area are you in TeeEye?
    Bakersfield.

BTW, what does "TeeEye7" mean in your screen name?
    Before I get into that, it's worth a peek at the old "Explain your Username" thread to see the histories on other members' names. It's a good read!

"TeeEye7" is inspired by a couple of things. First, TI7 is my radio call sign at work. It's basically my identity at work, so I'm used to being called that. The TI comes from the unit I work in: Technical Investigations. It's an archaic term now in law enforcement ever since the television show CSI and its clones have become popular. Now, crime scene units have embraced the CSI carp and have adopted the name, but I'm a traditionalist and prefer the old title. My job title is: technical investigator. The second inspiration is that my call sign always reminds me of SW droids (such as FX-7, R2, C3PO, etc.). I thought it would be an appropriate name here at SSG. Also, I've spelled out the Tee Eye as a slight to G.Lu & Co. I hate it when R2-D2 and C3PO's names are rendered to "Artoo" and "Threepio" in print. I've always preferred the alpha/numeric look to their names instead of the attempt to humanize them. It's my little "in your face" protest.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Thank you for that interesting explanation!

I don't mind "Threepio" or "Artoo," sometimes. It changes it up versus C-3PO and R2-D2.

If I were writing, I might use the R2-D2 type for narative, and use "Artoo" for dialogue like when Luke is talking to him and says it out loud.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Thank you for that interesting explanation!

I don't mind "Threepio" or "Artoo," sometimes. It changes it up versus C-3PO and R2-D2.

If I were writing, I might use the R2-D2 type for narative, and use "Artoo" for dialogue like when Luke is talking to him and says it out loud.
    It's easier for me to type out See-Threepio or Artoo-Detoo rather than C-3PO or R2-D2. Probably because I learned to type traditionally and the phonetical names just flow easier when I'm typing and I don't have to do so much shifting and looking around on the keyboard for the number keys, then trying to decide if I should type an 'O' or and '0' for the last letter in Threepio's name.

So, Artoo comes just as easily to me as typing out Luke. Spelling it as R2 actually breaks my flow when I'm typing and I sometimes lose my train of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    It's easier for me to type out See-Threepio or Artoo-Detoo rather than C-3PO or R2-D2.
    That's OK guys...I'll still keep you on my "Buddy List" despite your faults!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    I'm really tired of the brown skies and orange sun.
    Oh, what... fires in California again? In the summer time? Nahhhh!

But seriously, you aren't used to it yet? After growing up in Northern California (18 years) and then living in Southern California (18 years), I'd probably inhaled the smoke from 100 wild fires. Just part of life.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    But seriously, you aren't used to it yet?
    Nope. It sucks. I'm a native californio (and old guy, to boot!) and I don't like breathing in air with chunks in it. Just part of life living here, I agree, but it still sucks!

Seriously, I'm kind of worried about Chux. He hasn't posted here or elsewhere in a while.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138 View Post
    Seriously, I'm kind of worried about Chux. He hasn't posted here or elsewhere in a while.
    Yeah, what's up with Chux?
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Me and R-Deuce were wondering same- I have his phone #, I'll maybe try to call him up later just to be sure
    Iso&Baws

I think it might be a vacation-related thing
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.