Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Good - I'll just tell you to knock off Slicker's mom after 48 hrs next time so we don't have to get all antsy in the pantsy.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

The wind shifted today and we were treated with eerie orange skies all day because of the smoke. East of where I live, our local firefighters are battling the Piute fire (Is CA the only state that names its fires?).

Things look to get worse in the next couple of days as our temps will flirt with 110 degrees. That will help the fire and not the firefighters.

¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    The wind shifted today and we were treated with eerie orange skies all day because of the smoke. East of where I live, our local firefighters are battling the Piute fire (Is CA the only state that names its fires?).

Things look to get worse in the next couple of days as our temps will flirt with 110 degrees. That will help the fire and not the firefighters.

Can Mother Nature get arrested for child neglect?

I read a firefigter book, and I believe the name for a fire is given by the first person on the scene to notice it (often, it's based on something nearby, like a street name, location, etc.).
    "That's what Sheev said."

We need to trade. I'll trade you your dry weather for our rain. PM me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I read a firefigter book, and I believe the name for a fire is given by the first person on the scene to notice it (often, it's based on something nearby, like a street name, location, etc.).
    Thanks for that. It explains much.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbondo07 View Post
    We need to trade. I'll trade you your dry weather for our rain. PM me if interested.
    108 degrees today with lots o' smoke :cough:. I'd gladly take some rain to cool this place off and clean out the air!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Thanks for that. It explains much.

108 degrees today with lots o' smoke :cough:. I'd gladly take some rain to cool this place off and clean out the air!
    [note: this is a re-post, as some glitch claiming to be a Forums update sent me weird-ways... unless the wildfires are spreading to cyberspace! ]

Again, the Grand Prix fire that swept through this area about 5 years back was named after the street where the first call of a fire was; some people thought it was due to the speed with which the flames moved, like it was as fast as a car race (they were wrong! ).

We might get thunderstorms here today, but probably not. (can I use these tears instead?)
    "That's what Sheev said."

Thanks Canada!

Just heard on the news that Canada is sending more air tankers to help with the fire fighting efforts in my crispy state of Kahli-Fornya. The report also stated that Mexico and, unbelievably, New Zealand was sending fire fighters as well. Events like this are usually good training opportunities for other agencies and/or countries. I'll be glad to get rid of the brown/orange skies. I'm tired of breathing in chunks in the air.

Interestingly enough, in San Diego you can't tell there is anything like this happening. It's a little overcast from the ocean fog, but there's clean air and it's all around nice outside.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Best of luck to all you Californians affected by the fire. Y'all need a break from the fires and whatnot for a good couple of decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
    Best of luck to all you Californians affected by the fire. Y'all need a break from the fires and whatnot for a good couple of decades.
    Amen. San Diego already DID have her share - twice!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.