Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Amen. San Diego already DID have her share - twice!
    When it's nice in SD it is nice!
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

We got a brief heavy downpoar last night. Hope that water got to the places it needs to help slaughter those flames (aka plant butchers).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Interestingly enough, in San Diego you can't tell there is anything like this happening. It's a little overcast from the ocean fog, but there's clean air and it's all around nice outside.
    That's because SD doesn't have the geography conducive to trapping all the carp in the air like I do :niceoceanbreezesallthetimeandnomountiansonthreesi deslikethesouthernendofthesanjoaquinvallely:
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

They're baaaack! (Unfortunately).

Santa Ana winds + SoCal dryness = flambé time. I'm most concern about the fire around the Porter Ranch area as we have SSGers living close by, as well as I have family not too far away, too. I used to live in the northern Glendale/La Crescenta area and I see it's having problems there.

Yesterday my city and county fire departments have already sent strike crews south to help out with the mess (as usual).

Be careful, everyone!

Stupid jerk psychos!
    I vote for an open season on them!

Woke up this morning (sounds like the opening of every blues song), and it felt like I was in a bar, prior to CA's no indoor smoking laws. It's slightly better now, but still thick. Last night, I was a mile from the I-10 freeway and could see the Yorba Linda/Anaheim Hills flames, but oddly when I went further north and higher in elevation, thinking I'd have a better vantage point, could see nothing.

I'm surrounded, but thankfully they're not too close: Sylmar to the NW, Corona to the SE, Yorba Linda to the SW. Cajon Pass region has been mercifully saved to the NE. : pray:

Saw a moron light up his cig in his car (bad enough), then do the stick-it-out-the-window-and-hold-it-on-my-car-door-'cause-I'm-so-cool thing. Never have I wanted a squirt gun so badly. Can't you see/smell what's going on around you, dude?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

The air is reminiscent of waking up at a campground, the remnants of last night's campfire still lingering.

I was already having a bout with asthma and then a cold when the fires kicked up, I went outside and nearly passed out, it was really that bad.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Santa Barbara is now burning literally and figuratively. Million dollar homes going up in smoke in 100º weather.

With the budget also hurting, it will be interesting to see what kind of resources will be available to suppress this fire.

Shake and Bake

Not only is Santa Barbara burning, but now it's shaking. A 4.2 magnitude earthquake near Ojai today........