Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7
    With the budget also hurting, it will be interesting to see what kind of resources will be available to suppress this fire.
    Hire James Taylor to sing there: "I've seen fire, and I've seen rain."

It's supposed to be a tad cooler and more overcast in the mornings, this weekend. Weather report last night even said humidity could be as much as 70%. I hope that helps 'em out.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7.1
    A 4.2 magnitude earthquake near Ojai today........
    There've been a few more 3.something quakes lately. I'm getting a Ben Kenobi "bad feeling about [all] this."
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

As Ahnold might paraphrase, "they're back." Grr... doesn't help that we're in the midst of 100+ degrees weather right now also.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

We had a major appearance in the form of smoke from the wild fires burning in SoCal last night. Eerie skies and really, really crummy air quality. I'm assuming it's courtesy of the LaCañada-Flintridge area (know it well....used to live just west of there in the days of yore).

Amazing the effect fires can have on another area such as mine; 100 miles away from the point of origin.

[edit] Here's some photos of this evening's sky. The winds have shifted and we're starting to have the smoke drift over again. We had clear skies all day until now. This is looking east at the end of my street.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CA Smoke 1 (Medium).JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	21311   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CA Smoke 6 (Medium).JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	21312  
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Hey, we're just weird that way. I think someone, perhaps a top leader at the state capital, is just trying to get the insurance money by torching the place.

They've been messing with nature, as sometimes, the sunsets are more vivid in the east than west, or sunrises looking redder in the opposite direction as normal. It feels dryly humid (figure that one out, Slick) with the cloud/smoke cover trapping the heat and making the air feel "thick" but being so dry from the high temps (107+ yesterday... only 5-10 degrees "cooler" expected today). Local news is bringing out their fire logos and sound bites.

For us, here in Pinon Hills, it is the sunsets that are more colorful, now, because we are East of the fires.

Oh...and your fires are dropping a bunch of ash on my car...I just washed it. Wanna point those things in another direction?
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

We'll take any and all of the rain that's been hitting the east. That'll help the flames and smoke and ash problem quite well.

Saw one today when I was working outside, pretty close. It must've been around Oak Glen, just north of Calimesa.

Welcome to the land of shake and bake:

This is an interesting map showing fire activity in California both past and present (since the beginning of this year):

http://activefiremaps.fs.fed.us/acti...maps&rCode=cgb
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

The view from my front lawn at around 6 AM this morning. (Not to worry--it's not nearly as close as it looks. Probably still a good 8-10 miles away, worst case.)

And I was right--this one is in Oak Glen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fire.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	21333