Hybrid View

Cool Song of the Day for you

Lives change, people change, hairstyles change (one SSG credit for the first to name that reference! ), and so do the songs that fit our lives. What song best encapsulates [sp?] your experiences and stuff for that particular day? One per day per customer, please.

With the fires in CA raging outta control, I thought the Eurythmics' "Here Comes the Rain Again" [or Phil Collins' "I Wish It Would Rain Now" ... can't decide] would be helpful.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Wendy by the Association would be entirely inappropriate these days
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

"The Tiki Bar Is Open" by John Hiatt.

No particular reason why.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

"It's a Sunshine Day" by The Brady Bunch.

[rockin']Whatever the 2nd track is called on the "Beyond" album by Dinosaur Jr. will do fine for today. [/rockin']
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I've had En Vogue's "Free Your Mind" running through my head the last few days.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Wendy by the Association would be entirely inappropriate these days
    I believe the song was called "Windy", unless you mean "Wendy" by The Beach Boys.

When I play a song for the students to analyze, it sticks with me, especially playing it multiple times that day, so the most recent one is now "Rain on the Scarecrow" by JC-JCM-JM.

p.s. No one's guessed my reference in almost 2 years? (but the reward for the SSG credit, whatever the heck that is, has expired )

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    When I play a song for the students to analyze, it sticks with me, especially playing it multiple times that day, so the most recent one is now "Rain on the Scarecrow" by JC-JCM-JM.
    Great song. Lots of meaning (for farmers) You teach Civics, History, English, Philosophy?

"She's come undone" by The Guess Who has been in my head lately, remembering a girlfriend in my college days who went crazy.

I'll bet that person who started those fires is thinking of "Firestarter" by Prodigy.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"