Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just mentioned it the other day in the '70's or '80's thread. Kiss' "I was made for loving you," came on my ipod today.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Great song. Lots of meaning (for farmers) You teach Civics, History, English, Philosophy?
    Yes, yes I do. The door says "English," but like those old Reese's Peanut Butter Cups commercials, the students get a little history, art, science, business, etc. mixed in with their language arts. We're a couple chapters from finishing The Grapes of Wrath,, so there's the "ROTS" connection (and I noticed the Revenge of the Sith/Rain on the Scarecrow similarity when I put the acronym on the board that day).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Yes, yes I do. The door says "English," but like those old Reese's Peanut Butter Cups commercials, the students get a little history, art, science, business, etc. mixed in with their language arts. We're a couple chapters from finishing The Grapes of Wrath,, so there's the "ROTS" connection (and I noticed the Revenge of the Sith/Rain on the Scarecrow similarity when I put the acronym on the board that day).
    That's what's cool about English. It can also include literature and a great many other things.
    I aced English in HS. The teach liked me though.
    He really enjoyed it when we all got an assignment to do a speech subject up in front of the class, and I chose "Purgatory." What it's definition was, how it originated. I caused a controversy in class with some Catholic students when I said you basically have to pay your way out of it to get to heaven. I could see the teacher over there smiling. He liked controversy, but he simply hated Elvis. I never brought him up.

Song of the day, well yesterday I was singing it to my sister:

Georgia Satellites: "Battleship Chains"
    "You got me tied down with battleship chains, fifty foot long and a two ton anchor"
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I have no idea why, but for most of this week, I've had "Blue Bayou" stuck in my head. "And those fishin' boats..."
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I have no idea why, but for most of this week, I've had "Blue Bayou" stuck in my head. "And those fishin' boats..."
    Bel Cam which version of Blue Bayou? Roy Orbison or George Lucas old flame Linda Rondstadt?

That would be the chick. Maybe it's the semi-SW connection, then.

Wow, almost three years to the day since a post in this thread.

I've had "Moves Like Jagger" in my head, but that's from reading the "Baldo" comic strip, where the little girl butchers any song she tries to sing.

Lately, the Scorpions' "Winds of Change" has been whistlin' through the airways.

From the wow-haven't-heard-this-in-ages department: "Sidewalk Talk" by Jelly Bean (with backup by Madonna).