Hybrid View

When did Hasbor take over Kenner?

Not knowing which toy forum to drop this in, I decided to go with this one.

I received a Vader Gunner's Station the other day through an auction I won. I noticed the card said Kenner in the upper corner. Then I tried to remember when Hasbor officially took control of Kenner. I came up cold. Any help?
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Kenner actually was a division of Hasbro, not a different company. Hasbro got rid of Kenner and some of their other divisions and decided to put them all under just the name Hasbro around the time of the Comm-Tech figures.

Ah Yes, that makes more sense. Thanks for the help L-M!
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Tonka bought Kenner in the '80s and then Hasbro bought Tonka in '93. Hasbro phased out the "Kenner" name in '98 and shut down Kenner's Cincinatti offices 2 years later.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That makes perfect sense cause when comtech started coming out thats when the distribution got all screwed up

The very first figures to be labeled as Hasbro were the Flash back series.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

There was nothing pretty about the distribution on the flashback series either.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I wonder if Hasbro started giving Kenner communication disruption before... err.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"