Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sweeney Todd

Sweeney Todd

Trailer

Musicals normally suck, but this one is going to rock!

Severus Snape!
    Peter Pettigrew!
    Bellatrix LeStrange!

Together again, for the first time with Ichabod Crane, Borat, and Count Dooku!

Directed by Tim Burton, who is a far better director than George Lucas can even dream of being nowadays. He has done no wrong in his career. (JT, don't even bring up Batman Returns, because it rocked, and your DoomBot programming must be interfering with your appreciation of the film.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Trailer

Musicals normally suck, but this one is going to rock!

Severus Snape!
    Peter Pettigrew!
    Bellatrix LeStrange!

Together again, for the first time with Ichabod Crane, Borat, and Count Dooku!

Directed by Tim Burton, who is a far better director than George Lucas can even dream of being nowadays. He has done no wrong in his career. (JT, don't even bring up Batman Returns, because it rocked, and your DoomBot programming must be interfering with your appreciation of the film.)
    Batman Returns wasn't very good, it was self-indulgent junk. Mars Attacks was bloated, self-indulgent pap pretending that by being so it was somehow art. Sleepy Hollow lived up to its title, that movie was so thin. Planet of the Apes was just a forgettably poor movie all around. And I still say Charlie and the Chocolate Factory wasn't that good.

Normally I wouldn't even bother responding, but you called me out specifically.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Only because I knew any praise for Burton would result in you attacking Batman Returns.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

This is the play htat they put on at the end of Jersey Girl right?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Looking back, I don't even think Batman isn't all that good - just Jack as Joker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    This is the play htat they put on at the end of Jersey Girl right?
    Yep.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

After watching the trailer, I am pretty stoked about this movie.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'm tired of Depp-Burton collaborations.

Depp's best movie was Donnie Brasco, none of this goofy Charlie Wood Corpse and the Scissors Factory nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Batman Returns wasn't very good, it was self-indulgent junk.
    It had penguins with rockets attached to them. What's not to like?

Anyway, "Sweeney Todd" is one of the only movies I'm still looking forward to this year.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I'm tired of Depp-Burton collaborations.

Depp's best movie was Donnie Brasco, none of this goofy Charlie Wood Corpse and the Scissors Factory nonsense.
    I agree about the Wonka trainwreck but love the Ed Wood and Scissors! Not to mention Sleepy Hallow too...

Burton and Depp are to neo-expressionist film what Eastwood and Leone were to spagehetti westerns and Mifune and Kurosawa were to samuri flicks!
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Only because I knew any praise for Burton would result in you attacking Batman Returns.
    Actually, my first thought would have been to not post since I don't give a crap about the movie (oh look, another Tim Burton movie where Johnny Depp looks like... that) but my second would have been to call Burton out for one of the ones I listed, they're worse than BR.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Looking back, I don't even think Batman isn't all that good - just Jack as Joker.
    Sadly, I have been losing my taste in the first film as well. It's just that Batman Begins was SUCH a better interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    It had penguins with rockets attached to them. What's not to like?
    You just know Kenner was eating **it when they saw that and realized they had to make a toy of it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.