Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SL TC-14 supposedly recalled according to Wal Mart

Hey all, was at Long Beach Cali wal mart today found 2 SL TC-14's amongst a gaggle of other great stuff (no new wave 7 yet) went to go purchase my wares and the cashier runs both TC's over the scanner and she says she can't sell them to me. So I ask her, very nicely of course if I could speak to a manager and the manager comes and scans the TC's and she show's me that it says "DO NOT SELL, RECALL"?? I saw it with my own eyes and they took the TC's away from me to the back room NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo! Seriously though I understand but I wish they could have told me why they were recalled, but they did not know. Just wanted to share that with everyone, I'm curious to see if this was a fluke or not!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

solution

If you want to manipulate walmart into selling you these, copy a similar UPC onto a sheet of adhesive sticker paper at kinkos, cut it out, stick it in your wallet, slap it on a TC-14 and buy it. No harm done and you paid fair market value for it.

Cool advice. Still, might we wonder what the heck the recall was over?

My guess would be a lead in the paint issue with that one shiny metallic hew they use on TC-14. The other figures don't have that and only C-3PO is that shiny with modern figures still shipping (except perhaps R2-B1's dome?)

But TC-14 was put out in 1999 standards, and almost any C-3PO you find today (that's shiny - ROTS or later in the saga) is from a 2005 or more recent application.

I suppose this was all very interesting to type about at 1 in the morning. I will now continue elsewhere explaining why the sky is blue. (Well, actually it's night time right now, so the sky is black).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Odd, I found one at a Khols last week and it might have been one of two that wouldn't scan for some reason amongst four others that did.
    The clerk entered it maually, and I bought it.
    Guess we'll be finding out what the who-ha is soon enough.
    I suspect that it could be lead in the metallic finish also.

HTS has it available for sale right now.
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Anyone have the latest codes for HasbroToyShop?

If so, what are the codes good for?
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    If so, what are the codes good for?
    Deactivation of the Death Star's deflector shield.

I hope the codes are worth the price we paid for them.

Many Bothans died to bring us this information.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I would wager it's the tiny silver cups the fig came with that make it "dangerous"- tho for most of us the greater danger is having one pop out of the package while it's being opened and never being found again
    Iso & Baws
    Sorry about yer bad luck DNA
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

If it's been recalled, why hasn't there been an announcement? Some would've already have been purchased and could be poisoning JabbaJohnL as we speak!

I wonder if the UPC was a digit off from something that was recalled and they mixed 'em up in the computer?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm glad I already found mine. It's a super cool figure.

There is zero about this product being recalled on either the Hasbro site or the Consumer Product Safety Commision site; the CPSC is usually very up to date. (http://www.cpsc.gov/)

Could just be a fluke?