Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

12" Commander Praji - WTF?!?

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index....articleid=1149

Where did this come from? I didn't even know it existed till I saw it this afternoon in the news, and by then it was already sold out. Not that I personally wanted one, but still, very left-field.

And why does he have that dang coil pistol that keeps showing up in ANH stills???

BTW, great pants pal, looks like your thighs have been hoarding all the steroids you've been injecting.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Isn't this the Imperial Officer who talked down to Vader on the Blockade Runner at the beginning of ANH?

Sideshow's probably kept him a secret because they know he looks like garbage.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Ouch...
    I see folks here aren't impressed. Oh well.

While it's not my first choice for an OT Imperial (that would've been Tarkin), the Endor Troopers weren't my first choice for OT Rebels, but they turned out alright...well-equipped, well detailed figures of characters we hadn't seen in 1:6 scale.

If Sideshow has proven anything over the last two years, it's that there is no rhyme or reason to what they choose to produce and release...how else would we get an expansion pack for figures that don't yet exist (the chess table...although I guess Leia can sit there and play it herself soon )...

I ordered one of these...hopefully we'll see a Vader or at least a Tarkin for him to serve soon...

Dude! Prajj!! I've been waiting for this moment for years! I never thought there'd be a premium format of the true unsung hero of the saga, and here he is! Hasbro had better get on the ball; with all the massive fan support for Prajj, they look even stupider for not producing him now that Sideshow is showing him some love.

(Okay, seriously, who the **** is Prajj?)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Actually, when you see his image you'll know precisely which one he is: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Praji

The thing is though, Sideshow's made a figure that doesn't look anything like him. And that's on top of the fact that, yeah, nobody cares about this guy, he's a weird-looking officer with a badly-dubbed voice in the movie only briefly, nobody was asking for this item.

At $6, I would have been annoyed at Hasbro for pumping out a boring nobody of a figure, at 10 times that price I cannot fathom how anybody could justify this purchase.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Got him. Glad I did. Can't wait for to get him on my shelf. Can't wait for other more prominent officers.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Wow. If this had been a much cooler figure, I'd be ticked at the way this one just randomly showed up, and the fact that I'm on the wait list. As it is... I'm glad to see an Imperial officer, but is this guy anyone's favorite? Kind of disappointing....

Maybe the best thing we can say here is that now that they have the uniform, we might see more officers people will recognize more easily, and maybe want a little more.

Yeah, I knew it'd be easy to find out who he is. My point is that this is about as left-field obscure as you can get. Maybe they should make a 12" Jenny figure, and the exclusive version can come with lip gloss and the keys to Han's hotel room.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I like it. Its an odd choice and way out of left field as JT said. I was too late so I'm on the wait list. Just a sucker for Imperial Officers.

Speaking of Commander Prajj -I got to meet him at CIV. Very nice man!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Got on the wait list. It's an obscure choice and the price is getting expensive for these more basic outfitted figures, but I like it.
    What I don't like is lack of notice.
    I was totally checking out the Spooktacular stuff, contests, etc. but missed this announcement. I remember seeing a pic and blurb, but mistook it for a regular real world Military figure, and didn't read the article. I didn't have time to read everything they've posted during Spooktacular. I would have appreciated an email to newsletter subscribers as a heads up, as they have with all other pre orders. The night before would have been fine.