Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Case of Cane Adiss

The body design I'm imagining for Cane Adiss fits his official dimensions:

NECKS:
    As we all know these were the only parts of Cane Adiss created for ROTJ (and understandably so). The maquette created as inspiration for his design also shows nothing but two intertwining necks with similar heads. His necks are about eight feet high (judging by photos compared to other people/characters), which is also about how tall his databank entry says he is altogether (2.4 meters). This means that his necks must actually start near the floor. This you can actually see in the movie if you watch when the Gamorreans take Chewie away to his cell just before Lando pulls his mask down, you can make out Cane Adiss' one neck (the non-crested one) on the far left for a split second. Also, when Jabba reveals himself behind the curtain when Leia frees Han from the Carbonite, Cane Adiss can barely be seen waaay in the back behind the big group of Jabba's goons behind Han and Leia.

BODY:
    Cane's Databank entry also says his body is 4.8 meters long (that's almost 16 feet!) Think about it, Cane Adiss was a starpilot with a body size that warranted a modified ship just to fit him, just like Kal'Falnl C'ndros. If he were snakelike, or two intertwined snakes as some people imagine him, would he need that modified ship? No. He would just coil up to fit (like Oppo Rancisis' species). Also, because he's a starpilot wouldn't he need hands to pilot his ship? That means he must have limbs.

THEREFORE:
    The most probable body design in my mind is of course reptilian, with a body held close to the floor on four (or possibly more) limbs. The limbs would therefore have to function like that of a crocodile or a Komodo dragons, keeping the body close to the floor in his normal standing position (thus explaining his official height). Although I'm imagining, since he's a pilot, that he would be able to rear up on strong hind legs to use his forelimbs for manipulatory purposes. This would increase his height immensely, explaining the need for a modified ship cockpit. He should have a strong tail to balance him as he stands like this. His body pattern should be consistent with that seen on his necks.

ACTION FIGURE:
    All this would make for one hefty figure, and if Hasbro were to do it right I think they should take this into account. I'm guessing it would be a real stretch to make him a basic figure, although if they were creative I'm sure they could make him fit on a card. They would probably have to have him disassembled somewhat in the package. Maybe with his necks and tail disconnected from the body. I would imagine his cost would prevent him having a cool accessory. I would hope that the figure would be able to rear up on his hindquarters like I'm imagining, have a bendy tail and be well articulated (maybe have his jaws be able to open and close!). I wouldn't want his necks to be bendy because they would droop over time and that would suck. Plus I don't think the sculpt would be as detailed because of the softer material used to make bendy things. (Just look at Oppo Rancisis' tail) I know he would end up looking like a Jurassic Park dino if my imagination becomes reality, and I know some people wouldn't like that. But IMO all of my rambling here makes the most sense. Plus he would be a cool toy!

THE END (any comments?)

Regardless of what anyone wants or doesn't want, if the EU has designed a body for Cane, Hasbro will use it if they make a figure. It takes less time to use an existing design than to come up with one from scratch.

If he's truly as big as you say, though, I have a feeling we won't see him. Ever.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Are there pictures of this EU body?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

who is Cane Adiss ?
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

First of all, Hasbro already stated that they will get to Cane Adiss eventually, just probably not for a few years as they have other JP figures lined up before him. I believe he would fit on a basic card if disassembled appropiately in the package. If not then definitely an Ultra card if they ever bring that line back. Just look at the large accessories we're getting now! And Hermi Odle? If they can enlarge the bubble for him and Ephant Mon, who's to say they can't do that for Cane as well?

Also, there are no pictures of this body as it is pure speculation on my part. If I were an artist I would already have cranked out some drawings for you but I'm not so I can't . I am just thinking logically what he would look like based on official stats and existing photography. And I know a little bit about biology. Just go onto the Starwars.com databank entry and you can confirm how big he is, compare it to any existing photography and you'll see that my theory makes some sense. Plus he would be an awesome toy IMO!

Also, if you don't know who Cane Adiss is then you probably should read the databank entry anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_Adiss View Post
    Also, if you don't know who Cane Adiss is then you probably should read the databank entry anyway.

checked both the StarWars.com and Wookiepedia and no mention of Cane Addis. where can I find a reference ? or do you have a pic that you can post.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    If he's truly as big as you say, though, I have a feeling we won't see him. Ever.
    That's what she said.

Here's Cane Adiss:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cane_Adiss
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    That's what she said.
    That's what who said? Who's "she"? If you are referring to me, first of all I never said that. And second, I'm a guy. Thanks, just thought I'd clear that up.

I think GG was making a slightly off-color joke.

EG, "It's so big." "That's what she said!"

I may be wrong, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.