Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

George A. Romero's "Diary of the Dead"

Romero's new film has a release date of February 15th, 2008!! This flick is shot in documentary fashion ala "The Blair Witch Project" as it follows a group of film students who are filming the undead while trying to survive. The film has recieved FANTASTIC reviews thus far from Variety, Bloody Disgusting, Fangoria and from AICN. Consider me really excited!

Here's a link to an image gallery: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/gal...r.php?dir=1032

Hopefully we'll get a trailer soon.

Enjoy fellow zombie fanatics!!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Dear Diary,
    BRAINS!
    BRAINS!
    BRAINS!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I expected something more like,

April 4.

Dear Diary,
    Today was a rather uneventful day. I'm still in the coffin, still unable to move. A worm did eat my left index finger, though, which is the most interesting thing to happen to me all week.
    Edit: Dammit, Rocketboy beat me by just seconds! (Odd that his post time shows four minutes earlier, though, when it wasn't there thirty seconds ago.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Guy, they don't want you linking I guess ? I will go there to look, thanks for the heads up.

I'm super pumped at the thought of a 5th Dead film...I just wish they would get rid of all references to that POS movie Blair Witch Project. I don't like the sound of that, so hopefully George F***ing Romero's film isn't actually anything like it.

Awesome, looking forward to more blood and gore!!!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

George A. Romero's "Diary of the Dead"

Alright, I KNOW I started a thread about this a while back, but after several searches, I can no longer find it, so if anybody else finds it, please link and i'll merge it.

Anywho, here is the trailer for the film!!!! http://www.myspace.com/diaryofthedead Looks very tasty!! and here are some new pics from the flick as well: http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film/44/4644/gal2889/

I'm still VERY excited about this film!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Looks pretty sweet, Romero looks like he's 112 but he's still kicking!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Thanks for the linkage JMGuy, I'm really looking forward to this movie.

Land of the Dead was amazing IMO so I can't wait to see what George F***ing Romero does with this 5th installment.

I'm really looking forward to this one. I like how Romero kinda returned to his original concept (NOTLD) with this movie, how the characters (or students) in the movie are witnessing the terror unfold first hand, witnessing how the zombies came to be, how and when it all began. Whereas, with the later installments, the concept or idea of the living dead has already been accepted, and where the dead are in much greater numbers (so it appears). So this one has the potential to be very scary, and not just good gory fun, which I am sure it will be too.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I'm about to see if it's moved to my area this week. The closest place it opened around here was Detroit, which is about an hour, 10 minutes from where i'm at here in Toledo. I honestly don't feel like driving 2 1/2 hours round trip for an hour and a half movie.

According to BOM, the film did make about $280,000 last weekend on 42 screens. That's good........right? I dunno how to calculate this crap. But that's a lot of $$ for 42 screens.