New Darth Vader POV book by Ryder Windham

I saw a new book by Ryder Windham that I had not previously heard of as coming out before. It's a walk through the movies and EU from Vader's point of view, going all the way back to his prior slave experience even before Watto, up to his last moments in his son's arms on the Death Star II.

It's held my interest. I'm writing now and thus not reading much but my own work. This one caught my interest though.

So far, I'd recommend it. It comes in a cover jacket that slides off - you can't open it like a book - the actual book's under the Vader helmet sleeve and Anakin's face is on the real book cover - almost like you took Vader's mask off. That's the exact approach this book uses, so I can see why it's appropriate.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I've seen it, and it actually looks quite interesting. Wyndham is a good writer as far as kids' stories go, and the additional characterization of Vader is always welcome, so long as it makes sense in the overall scheme of things.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I reviewed it in the "Reading" thread here. Pretty good, even if it's more at a youth than a young adult level. It's more than just the movies, with several obscure EU tales (including the Marvel run).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

This was a good read and worthwhile for me.

SPOILER

Most noteworthy was when Anakin dies in the ROTJ part, he finds himself losing consciousness and being guided by the Spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi so that he may keep his consciousness in the living world to watch over his children for a short time. Pretty cool.

It also details what he thinks of the Emperor's plan to turn Luke and the threat that the "Always 2 rule" means for him or his son, as Dark Lords of the Sith if Palpatine is still around. Even why he can't throw Force lightning is explained.

It's a cool book.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.