Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race

Last night was a good episode!

I was hoping Jennifer would get Luke in a headlock and smash his head into the turnbuckle.....and then go to work on Margie. Those two really make my butt hurt.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

The little guys were doomed from the get-go.

The only remaining team I like is.... *drum roll*.... you guessed it, Jaime and Cara!

The Asian couple have gotten on my last nerve. Them speaking Chinese and communicating with the locals in China was just down right obnoxious. I wanted to strangle them.

I don't really care for the black sisters. They are competitive, but they aren't doing anything for me.

I find Margie and Luke to be rather annoying.

I thought it was pretty messed up that Luke wished they would go to a country where everyone was deaf and had to sign to communicate, so they would have the advantage (like the Asians had in China with the language). Who wishes for something like that?

Hopefully Jaime and Cara will win. If not, I will be disappointed.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I hate all the teams except for Tammy and Victor. Luke really is a *****, and I thought that Margie's comment about LaKisha and Jennifer being black was a little over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat
    The Asian couple have gotten on my last nerve. Them speaking Chinese and communicating with the locals in China was just down right obnoxious. I wanted to strangle them.
    I didn't think it was obnoxious; they were just using their knowledge and having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat
    I thought it was pretty messed up that Luke wished they would go to a country where everyone was deaf and had to sign to communicate, so they would have the advantage (like the Asians had in China with the language). Who wishes for something like that?
    Ah, he was just joking around. I think that, after spending a long time in countries where they don't speak English, you'd want to go somewhere where you could talk to the locals, too.

That's one of the things I hate about Jaime. Why does she always get mad at people who don't speak English? What a privileged, xenophobic idiot.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

We all know from watching enough of these eps that it can get hectic when more than one team reaches the clue box at the same time. There is pushing and shoving. It's part of the game.

That said, Jen's comment was out of line, as was Margie's comments. Tempers flared, words were exchanged. We're looking at three of the final four teams, and things will only get nastier in the home stretch. I know neither team will let the issue rest, but it should be buried there in China.

The little Chinese guy eating there at the mat sure got an earful!

I didn't see anything wrong with Victor and Tammy speaking Chinese to help them. It's no different than Romber using their fame to speed them along in the All Star edition from several years ago.

Yes, the little guys were doomed. They had missteps all along the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I didn't think it was obnoxious; they were just using their knowledge and having fun.
    I'm sorry, but I find their smugness to be very obnoxious.

Ah, he was just joking around. I think that, after spending a long time in countries where they don't speak English, you'd want to go somewhere where you could talk to the locals, too.
    I'm sure he was just kidding, but it was still a strange thing to hear none-the-less.

Why does she always get mad at people who don't speak English? What a privileged, xenophobic idiot.
    You kind of answered your question above. I think she just gets frustrated and wants to go somewhere people understand her. I don't condone the way she communicates with others, but I can understand it. I have to deal with it pretty regularly at work, but I don't get all bent out of shape. I try and understand the foreigner and communicate with them in a civil manner. It does get frustrating at times, no doubt - I just try to take the time and not let it bother me, which I'm sure is difficult to do during a race. Jamie, however, just has no patience, and very little manners; this doesn't bode well.

She is still hotter than all get out though.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    You kind of answered your question above. I think she just gets frustrated and wants to go somewhere people understand her. I don't condone the way she communicates with others, but I can understand it. I have to deal with it pretty regularly at work, but I don't get all bent out of shape. I try and understand the foreigner and communicate with them in a civil manner. It does get frustrating at times, no doubt - I just try to take the time and not let it bother me, which I'm sure is difficult to do during a race. Jamie, however, just has no patience, and very little manners; this doesn't bode well.
    It was pretty funny that she turned to the Chinese dance instructors and asked 'huh?'

First time in a couple of seasons that we get a continuation and not a pit stop.

Even though they're not my favorite team, I had to feel for Kisha and Jen. Swimming wasn't their forte but I'm glad to see them finish.

And I don't know if I could've squeezed by big butt into one of those swim suits.

....and we get a preview of Jamie's incessant intolerance of people.

What a shame!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

That diving must have been really frustrating. I liked the episode, but everything they did was painful to watch, from the foot rubs to the water tasks really taking a toll on people. And then they don't even get to rest yet! Sheesh . . .

A double post is warranted to point out that, during the last episode, I noticed that Jaime has a rather noticeable Adam's apple. Narsty!!!