Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

TV writers strike

How long before your favorite show is into reruns?

I think it's interesting that Lost and 24 may not happen this year.

I came across this interesting paragraph that CBS is preparing to ramp up Big Brother to help plug the schedule.

One more episode of The Office in 3 days and I'm not sure on Curb Your Enthusiasm but I assume that whole season was already shot.

The only other show on HBO that I watch (now that The Sopranos, Deadwood, Six Feet Under, and Carnivale are all done) is Real Time with Bill Maher but he did the show last week without any writers so that will be on for awhile.

I suppose Big Love and The Wire might be delayed more but they are between seasons anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    How long before your favorite show is into reruns?

I think it's interesting that Lost and 24 may not happen this year.

I came across this interesting paragraph that CBS is preparing to ramp up Big Brother to help plug the schedule.
    Well, Lost will air 8 episodes, which is half of their planned season, so who knows? They may end up airing the other 8 episodes in the fall.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

The Daily Show went dark last Monday. So did Colbert. Curb's whole season was done. I'm not sure if Good Eats falls under the WGA or not (and new episodes are pretty sporadic, anyway). Jeopardy will be affected, but is filmed well in advance, so it may not be visible for several months. Pushing Daisies may be going bye-bye after two or three more episodes (putting a friend of mine out of work for the duration). BBC News is obviously not affected at all by an American union.

Everything else on TV is crap.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Ahh this hearkens back to the golden age of Letterman, when he actualy went on without writers after a week or two. He had the toast cannon rocking and basically just did weird dumb (but somehow hilarious) crap, mostly sending Biff out to watch folks do laundry or hang out at highway rest stations asking weird questions. I wonder if Colbert of Stewart might do something similar??
    Iso & Baws

Who knows eh?
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Cae said: One more episode of The Office in 3 days and I'm not sure on Curb Your Enthusiasm but I assume that whole season was already shot.

Curb aired its finale last night, so they're good to go. I still need to finish seasons 3-5 so I can watch season 6 on my folks DVR over Christmas break!

I am really irked that THE OFFICE is done this week and in a few weeks, HEROES is finished. And i'm really going to be PO'd about no more PUSHING DAISIES for a while as I love that show. With 24 delayed and LOST up in the air, the network execs need to get their crap together so this winter won't suck on the tele.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 11-13-2007 at 03:58 PM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Maybe now I will be able to get through some of this TV on DVD that I have backlogged...
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Everything you want to know about strike but was afraid to ask.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-wr...3616.htmlstory

Fox said '24' won't air this season. Only 8 episodes (a work day for the normal Joe!) were filmed, and Keifer has to go to the pokey for a stay, so that screws up filming.

Scripts for the final season of the Shield are written!!

A buddy said NBC may run Battlestar Galactica on the main network. I could see NBC doing this on some of the other shows that air on USA, like Burn Notice (highly underrated) and Law and Order CI.

Thank the good maker its black friday next week and season sets go on sale and DD is having the big sale. Gonna get me some stuff next week.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten