Theatrical release for The Clone Wars?

Hasbro says yes, Lucasfilm says maybe. Seeing the preview in a theater at CIV was amazing; I'd love to see it in a theater if they showed it there first.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Sounds like it could happen.
    I could see that a theatrical release would warm up the different networks to the idea of buying the series. Depending on how good it does at the box office. It's got to do better than some of the CGI features that have been released in the last few years.
    I see it as a win-win situation for everyone if indeed it becomes so.
    Then after the series runs on TV, release the DVD.
    Hmm, good marketing.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I saw Season 3 of Clone Wars (the real one) at the premiere in a Hollywood theater in 2005, followed by a Q&A with Tartakovsky. I believe proceeds went to charity. So it wouldn't be totally unprecedented.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I figured they would do something like this with the clone wars cartoon, because the way lucasfilm has talked about it in interviews, no one is really interested in taking the show on just yet, so it would be the smart thing for them to do by realeasing their "pilot" in the theaters. Maybe the live action show will follow suit and we'll get a new movie! LOL.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    People paid money to watch that carp ?
    Yeah you bought those didn't you?

I meant in the theater.

But you raise a good point, sir. At least Chux paid money and it went to charity...I paid money for the DVD and part of it went to Genndy. What a waste.