Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Battle Front 2 Droid Pack SUCKS

Got this set and was horribly disappointed. I mean, all the droids lack articulation and the destroyer droid is assembled backwards. Is there anyone doing quality control on these things or do they just slap these in a box laughing at all the suckers who will buy them? The clones set came out much better but the droids are simply of the worst battle droid figures Hasbro has made to date. Pass if you haven't already.

Thanks for the heads up on this
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Got this set and was horribly disappointed. I mean, all the droids lack articulation and the destroyer droid is assembled backwards. Is there anyone doing quality control on these things or do they just slap these in a box laughing at all the suckers who will buy them? The clones set came out much better but the droids are simply of the worst battle droid figures Hasbro has made to date. Pass if you haven't already.
    Thanks DJ5. I kinda figured this pack would suck. This is one time I'm sticking to my guns and waiting to get a deal on it. If I never get either set I'll be okay with it. There's really only one I REALLY want and that's the Clone Engineer. So I can't justify buying the whole set for only one figure I really want.
    Some of the others, I wouldn't mind having, others are "meh."

I've got the same feeling about the Mandolorian sets. I only like two of the Mandos, and want teh Omega set of Commandos.

If we could buy these sets seperately I'd have done so by now. EE is going to bite it on both of these different sets because they insist on selling them together. I know the whole cost thing about making so many figures, etc. But since the majority of these are repacks with new deco, it really shouldn't apply as much here.

BFII clone set good, droid set bad
    Mando set with Commandos good, with ARC/clones not so good.

Forcing us to buy them together, priceless as in there's not really a good price to sell them at to make it worth it, until they have to take a hit on them.

If I can get the complete set of BF or Mandos for $40 then I'll bite. Otherwise, I'm out.
    Move along, move along

I almost ordered them yesterday from EE, i came so close because i was going to get the Mando's for display and such and seen the battle front's set...i would like to get the clone set, but the droid set just looks blah to me, that and i could tell by looking at them, they sucked quality wise. thanks for the heads up on this one.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Is there anyone doing quality control on these things or do they just slap these in a box laughing at all the suckers who will buy them?
    They just slap these in a box laughing at all the suckers who will buy them.

Tommy, close your eyes.

I kinda want the BF2 Clones pack because I love the game, but Hasbro's really knuckled down and busted their buns to make mediocre battle droids lately so I knew from the start I'd avoid it like the plague. Not enough articulation for any of them, in the game the droids MOVE a lot. The assassin droid (sniper) is shamelessly poor AND they gave him a really cheesy-looking rifle instead of the right one. And since the set is so light, they really should have given them more accessories like the auto-turret, mines, grenades, blaster pistols, Super Battle Droids' wrist-rocket, detpack and detpack trigger, recon droid, fusion cutter, maybe the various power-ups (bacta, ammo at the very least) and the Droideka shield.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I just don't understand why Hasbro can't make a decent battle droid. I've read their answers about articulation and the problems with the plastic they use but for a character with so much screen time in three movies (not to mention the main enemy for all the army builder figures they've produced over the past three years), but I can't figure why they don't seem to try harder. The Clone set is pretty good, mostly SA, but the droid set is pretty worthless. It's like the worst version of every figure in it.

Originally, I think they were going to use a more articulated battle droid (either the POTJ Security one or the ROTS one) for this set but crapped out at the last minute and decided to use the Legends two-pack one (which, coincidentally, was also originally going to be a more articulated mold). They have several good molds but just need to use better plastic. The ones in the Legends two-packs are good at standing up and being sturdy, but their arms suck for good poses.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I think Hasbro's of the belief that Battle Droids aren't popular sellers with casual collectors, and thus it's not worth investing heavily in a complex design which is only going to catch on with a small number of hardcore collectors. They are right that the thin wall design of the droids makes it a great challenge for adding articulation to the figures, but as long as the risks seem to outweigh the sales potentials, they're never going to try to solve the problem which is a catch-22 because as long as they don't try to solve the problem, the figure is never going to sell that well.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

They should make these out of metal or articulate them less with a harder plastic.