View Poll Results: After Toy Fair's coverage, how have your feelings about the toys for 2002 changed?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think things are better than I imagined!

76 62.81%
  • Things are about what I expected.

39 32.23%
  • Things are a lot worse than I thought they'd be.

6 4.96%

After Toy Fair's coverage, how have your feelings about the toys for 2002 changed?

What a whopping huge amount of new products and characters!

Playsets, 12", Beasts, Vehicles, and a lot of figures!

We got some new Classic Figures, too : army builders and several Cantina Characters, too! Did I mention the rest of the Bounty Hunters in 12" scale?

So, after Toy Fair's coverage, how have your feelings about the toys for 2002 changed?

NOTE: As this thread concerns the Episode 2 toys by and large,
    please be courteous to others and DO NOT DISCUSS SPOILERS. The Hasbro AOTC Toys forum is allowing them. Here, try to focus on generalities - are you satisfied, ecstatic, or do you have to vent?

How come?

Great stuff, I like about 99% of the figures. Even the action posed jedi's since it's necissary to have them in dynamic poses. The only figure I really really disliked of the whole bunch would be the action-posed Jar Jar Binks. But, I assume we will get a re-sculpt of him in the future, without the action stance, and in the outfit from the trailers.

But its all looking good here, Tycho. Im glad to see alot more people liking the action poses on some of the figures. And the classic figures are great, I bet we will see the Han Endor coming with a cloth duster. Wish they would have shown the Ephant Mon and more classics, but I knew it was gonna be mostly E2.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I have to say that I like at least 80% of what they have. The 12" Jango Fett looks awesome. So does the 12" Zuckuss. Hopefully we will be getting some new never before made Classic Figures.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

I like what I see. It seems like Hasbro is really putting out a variety of product for us collectors. Even the OT stuff looks pretty good too. I also like the packaging. The blue card with the upheld lightsaber reminds me of the ROTJ theatrical poster from 1983.

I am very excited about getting these toys. It looks like I will be shelling out alot of cash come April 23rd. And that is just the first waves of toys that we will see. It is scary to think about how much money I will be dropping at one time.

At first I was a little skeptical about the action poses, but it looks like Hasbro actually has done their homework and they are making these toys look more detailed and movie accurate.

Exciting times are ahead for collectors!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

All of the new figures, beasts, and the playset look really cool. Looks like I'm gonna have to start saving money now for all the new stuff coming out. I know that this year is mostly for AOTC, but it would be nice if they did more classic stuff too.- I've been waiting for the Imperial Shuttle for a long time now, and it kinda disapoints me that they are doing yet another Han and Chewie, plus new endor soldiers while there are so much more classics they can do that hasn't been done.

Smile 2002 STAR WARS line

After seeing the coverage on SirStevesGuide of Toy Fair '02, btw - nice job guys, I am highly excited to see the plethora of new figures that will be hitting the pegs at stores soon! Cantina Aliens like Dijas Puhr (sp), and more blaster fodders like the Endor Rebel Troopers just make the collections more interesting.

Sure it's nice to have the main Characters like Han, Chewie, Luke, Leia, Vader, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Maul, Yoda, and many others. However, I think that it's the addition of these "obscure" characters that give the series of figures a more rounded and complete edge. I was thrilled to finally get a Biggs and Wedge for my set, and I am equally happy to hear that more of the background characters will be making their way!

Of course, I can't wait to see and buy the AOTC figures. I am happy that Lucas and Hasbro decided to go with the Laserscan technology. I have a few of the "Real Scan" WWF action figures and I have to tell you, if you have never seen a figure that had used laser scanning in the process, you are in for a treat. The faces, expressions, and even the poses (if it's a full body scan) are so much better than those sculpted from highly talented artists looking at photos and reference videos.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing!" - Lord Darth Vader

Only in my dreams can I imagine a "body scan" Natalie Portman! ( Snapping back to reality ). Didnt they do some real scan for E2? It seems to me I saw busts or something.... Anyway, the E2 toys are about what I expected. Some worse that I hoped for, some better. As long as there is no Shaak Ti umbrella......

To reply to Captian Solo 1138...
    Yes...they did do real scans of the actors. That's what was used for the base designs of the 3&3/4" figures.... I think. I do recall that the busts from the Real Scans were on display and if I remember correctly, I thought I read that they were going to be used fo the figures. One can only hope that the scans of the actors included full body scans and not just the head.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing!" - Lord Darth Vader