We seem to be reaching the end of figures to make for ESB. Even counting resculpts, I don't really see more than 1 or 2 really strong waves of ESB figures.
The list of all-new figures would maybe fill out one very boring wave:
1. Medical Frigate Luke
2. Medical Frigate Leia
3. Torryn Farr
4. Captain Needa
5. Willrow Hood or random Bespin resident
6. Carbonite Chamber Han with Carbonite Block - all the previous Carbonite Han's have been from ROTJ where his shirt is dirtied up and brown. This would be coat-off, clean white shirt with a resculpted, correctly-scaled Carbonite Block. Should include both sets of shackles, but make them removable.
Resculpts would include:
1. Snowspeeder Pilot Luke
2. Hoth Luke
3. Hoth Leia
4. Hoth Han (only because Hasbro screwed up the VTAC Hoth Han so badly)
5. Bespin Han
6. Bespin Escape Leia
7. Pull-apart Threepio
8. Bespin Guards (black and white ethnicity)
9. Hoth Rebel Troopers/Commanders/whatever
10. 2-1B (OT version, not Ep3 version)
11. ESB Boba Fett (more than a simple repaint of the VOTC Fett)
12. Snowspeeder Wedge
13. Snowspeeder Dak, Hobbie, etc.
14. Ugnaughts (with trashed IG-88 and/or crate of Threepio parts)
16. Captain Piett
17. Bespin Escape Lando (no cape this time)
18. Probe Droid
19. Dengar (almost not necessary at all, just a little lacking in the articulation department)
20. AT-AT Commander (the General Veers figure is too large to fit in the AT-AT, so make a new version with sculpted on body armor and helmet and get rid of the soft plastic "skirt" so that he can sit properly)
None of these, however, feel exciting or fresh, they're just necessary (some more necessary than others).
And since they have to cram a Vader in there somewhere, the only possible one that could be made would be a kneeling Vader with a giant holographic Emperor head.