Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

ESB - What's left?

We seem to be reaching the end of figures to make for ESB. Even counting resculpts, I don't really see more than 1 or 2 really strong waves of ESB figures.

The list of all-new figures would maybe fill out one very boring wave:
    1. Medical Frigate Luke
    2. Medical Frigate Leia
    3. Torryn Farr
    4. Captain Needa
    5. Willrow Hood or random Bespin resident
    6. Carbonite Chamber Han with Carbonite Block - all the previous Carbonite Han's have been from ROTJ where his shirt is dirtied up and brown. This would be coat-off, clean white shirt with a resculpted, correctly-scaled Carbonite Block. Should include both sets of shackles, but make them removable.

Resculpts would include:
    1. Snowspeeder Pilot Luke
    2. Hoth Luke
    3. Hoth Leia
    4. Hoth Han (only because Hasbro screwed up the VTAC Hoth Han so badly)
    5. Bespin Han
    6. Bespin Escape Leia
    7. Pull-apart Threepio
    8. Bespin Guards (black and white ethnicity)
    9. Hoth Rebel Troopers/Commanders/whatever
    10. 2-1B (OT version, not Ep3 version)
    11. ESB Boba Fett (more than a simple repaint of the VOTC Fett)
    12. Snowspeeder Wedge
    13. Snowspeeder Dak, Hobbie, etc.
    14. Ugnaughts (with trashed IG-88 and/or crate of Threepio parts)
    15. Zuckuss
    16. Captain Piett
    17. Bespin Escape Lando (no cape this time)
    18. Probe Droid
    19. Dengar (almost not necessary at all, just a little lacking in the articulation department)
    20. AT-AT Commander (the General Veers figure is too large to fit in the AT-AT, so make a new version with sculpted on body armor and helmet and get rid of the soft plastic "skirt" so that he can sit properly)

None of these, however, feel exciting or fresh, they're just necessary (some more necessary than others).

And since they have to cram a Vader in there somewhere, the only possible one that could be made would be a kneeling Vader with a giant holographic Emperor head.

From your list, I would like a Medical Frigate Luke with interchangeable open and closed forearm. Also, a "done right" Han Carbonite feels necessary to me, same with Luke Snowspeeder and pull-apart 3PO. And 2-1B could use an update, maybe with an internal light or light-pipe gimmick. Those would be "exciting" to me.

I'd like a Hoth Han, Luke, and Leia done better than what we have. Same with Bespin Han & Escape Leia - I love the Leia we have of that, but she's way too pre-posed. Hoth Rebel Troopers that aren't preposed and undersized would be good.

Actually, almost all of your list feels like stuff I'd buy, though my tastes are more main-character-based than background-guys-based. But you're right that it's not the most exciting lot.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The Snowspeeder Pilot Luke is the most exciting figure on that list for me; but I also think that a really well made SA Bespin Han is a real necessity for the line (but they need to completely scrap the Torture Rack Han and start from scratch). Same goes for a new Hoth Leia since she spends about 70% of the movie in that outfit.

Pretty much everyone on my list, except for Willrow Hood, I would buy. Many of them I would be super stoked for Hasbro to make, but realize that these figures aren't going to exactly blow the doors off of Star Wars collecting. Just look at how badly figures like Torture Rack Han and Smuggler Lando are pegwarming, even though fans have been asking for these figures for years now.

I'd like to see the following:

Some new Bespin Guards
    Correctly scaled Han in Carbonite
    new sculpt of Bespin Escape Leia
    Medical Frigate Luke, Leia
    Various Hoth Rebel Soliders, Pilots
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I'd kinda like a sock-puppet asteroid beast. It could be a playset where the puppet head comes out of a cave hole and the set includes to-scale Falcon and two TIE Fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid View Post
    I'd kinda like a sock-puppet asteroid beast. It could be a playset where the puppet head comes out of a cave hole and the set includes to-scale Falcon and two TIE Fighters.
    That would be cool if Hasbro wanted to do something special for the Titanium line; but a Space Slug "puppet" to scale with the action figures would be more along the lines of a sleeping bag.

We also need some new TaunTauns, since we're on the topic of beasts, and the new versions of Hoth Luke and Han would just feature special hip articulation so that they can sit on the TaunTauns AND stand on their own. Plus, Han's TaunTaun needs to have the "split belly" feature.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Same goes for a new Hoth Leia since she spends about 70% of the movie in that outfit.
    The vest comes off, the hair changes, and the hands go from gloved to ungloved, but you make a good point. If they just did the figure with interchangeable heads and hands, and a removable vest, it'd be all good in the hood.

Many of them I would be super stoked for Hasbro to make, but realize that these figures aren't going to exactly blow the doors off of Star Wars collecting. Just look at how badly figures like Torture Rack Han and Smuggler Lando are pegwarming, even though fans have been asking for these figures for years now.
    I've always argued Smuggler Lando was destined for pegwarming, especially once ALL the other ESB Lando figures started pegwarming - Lando only sells as a Skiff Guard for some reason.

Torture Han I think would sell better if he was a better figure, if the accessory was better detailed, and if he weren't even-packed with Lando, Gen McQuarrie, and 4-LOM. The case doesn't carry anything from prior waves forward, so it's a solid wave which is unusual after waves 1 and 2, if the items aren't carefully balanced and the OTHER waves aren't even-packed the same way, you end up building up pegwarmers fast and it eventually slows everything in the wave down - even Concept Vader is slower.

We also need some new TaunTauns, since we're on the topic of beasts, and the new versions of Hoth Luke and Han would just feature special hip articulation so that they can sit on the TaunTauns AND stand on their own. Plus, Han's TaunTaun needs to have the "split belly" feature.
    Yes, absolutely on all points! And if they have to do running action gimmick on Luke's again, at least make it so the legs rest at the standing position instead of a walking position.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Black Bespin Guard

Playsets would be great. Dagobah, Bespin, Hoth stuff also.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I've always argued Smuggler Lando was destined for pegwarming, especially once ALL the other ESB Lando figures started pegwarming - Lando only sells as a Skiff Guard for some reason.
    Skiff Lando was one of my definite favorites as a kid, I loved the removeable helmet disguise and suspect that others are drawn to figures like this for the same reason. It's a great added play value.

We seem to be reaching the end of figures to make for ESB. Even counting resculpts, I don't really see more than 1 or 2 really strong waves of ESB figures.

The list of all-new figures would maybe fill out one very boring wave:
    1. Medical Frigate Luke
    2. Medical Frigate Leia
    3. Torryn Farr
    4. Captain Needa
    5. Willrow Hood or random Bespin resident
    6. Carbonite Chamber Han with Carbonite Block - all the previous Carbonite Han's have been from ROTJ where his shirt is dirtied up and brown. This would be coat-off, clean white shirt with a resculpted, correctly-scaled Carbonite Block. Should include both sets of shackles, but make them removable.

Resculpts would include:
    1. Snowspeeder Pilot Luke
    2. Hoth Luke
    3. Hoth Leia
    4. Hoth Han (only because Hasbro screwed up the VTAC Hoth Han so badly)
    5. Bespin Han
    6. Bespin Escape Leia
    7. Pull-apart Threepio
    8. Bespin Guards (black and white ethnicity)
    9. Hoth Rebel Troopers/Commanders/whatever
    10. 2-1B (OT version, not Ep3 version)
    11. ESB Boba Fett (more than a simple repaint of the VOTC Fett)
    12. Snowspeeder Wedge
    13. Snowspeeder Dak, Hobbie, etc.
    14. Ugnaughts (with trashed IG-88 and/or crate of Threepio parts)
    15. Zuckuss
    16. Captain Piett
    17. Bespin Escape Lando (no cape this time)
    18. Probe Droid
    19. Dengar (almost not necessary at all, just a little lacking in the articulation department)
    20. AT-AT Commander (the General Veers figure is too large to fit in the AT-AT, so make a new version with sculpted on body armor and helmet and get rid of the soft plastic "skirt" so that he can sit properly)

None of these, however, feel exciting or fresh, they're just necessary (some more necessary than others).

And since they have to cram a Vader in there somewhere, the only possible one that could be made would be a kneeling Vader with a giant holographic Emperor head.
    I'd buy most if not all of the figures, though a few of them are most exciting than others.

Toryn Farr-make a leia and retool, simple enough you'd think!
    Medical Frigate Luke and Leia, two must haves.
    Needa, why not?
    Snowspeeder Pilots, most of them if not all of them.
    Zuckuss
    Dengar

Those would be the highlights for me.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!